• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web "Ashes" (and ROW)

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Just a thought I'm throwing out there...

Perhaps at some point in the next few years, we should hold our own CW Australia vs England vs Rest of the World series of matches. Could be in Australia in 2015, then in England in 2017 (for example). Book some cheap accomodation, close to a bar and good food, book a cricket field, and it's on...

Lines ups (including playing role)...

Australia
7. Monk (medium pace "wobblers" and hard hitting but inconsistent batsman)

England

Rest of World

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd be keen. Charge-blocks, non-bowling #11 by 2015.

EDIT: I recommend a combo of the Bankstown Oval/Bankstown Sports Club. Yes, it is Bankstown, but having been on two cricket tours there, it is ideal for these purposes.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'd be keen. Charge-blocks, non-bowling #11 by 2015.

EDIT: I recommend a combo of the Bankstown Oval/Bankstown Sports Club. Yes, it is Bankstown, but having been on two cricket tours there, it is ideal for these purposes.
I could very easily help arrange this if it were at Bankstown.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I'd come from NZ to Aussie, not so sure about Engerlund. Mark me down for the ROW team at number 4.

Can also field at gully and drink a pint very slowly so had better just observe any boat races.

bagapath

International Captain
Off spin bowler and No.9 batsman for ROW.

Square cover, deep mid-off fielder.

Considering I will be 41 in 2015, and with my ranatunga-esque girth, I cant promise if I will be able to land all six balls of the over on the pitch, though.

Will be more active at the bar for sure.

Howe_zat

Audio File
India and NZ would probably have enough for their own teams.

I actually planned to sim something similar after my exams were over this summer, starting with the Ashes, and continuing for any Tests between the 4 teams in real time.

archie mac

International Coach
The Mac is a Boycott/Tavare opening batsman and slow, very slow off spin bowler. Will be 49 in 2015 and I have a dodgy knee that may be replaced by then:D

Going to England for the Ashes this year so would be keen to play there if anyone wants to organise it.