• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web "Ashes" (and ROW)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Leagues Club good?
Do you mean the Canterbury Leagues Club? It's not in Bankstown. Heath and I mentioned Bankstown Sports Club earlier and yeah it's good. it would be good for a group of 25 or so of us for an afternoon drink or to watch sports in the sports bar but nothing special if you wanted a big night or anything.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Yeah Monk I think you need to put up a bit of a draft itinerary in place if you are serious about this. Pretty hard to commit to anything even if it was a couple hours away let alone overseas.

- Definitely include some sort of sports action for the night/next day.
- Find an available oval
- work out the format of the matches and how many games (I wouldn't travel far for 1 20 over game for instance).
- Maybe find a charity to play for?

Fun idea though.
Your thoughts make sense as usual.

- I couldn't do the early Jan Sydney Ashes test, and I can't find an ODI fixture for that series yet. Perhaps we could make it happen around a state game?

- As someone else suggested, a 50 over game or two would be ideal.

- Charity would be good. Does anyone know any former Aust players who might patron it a bit, and maybe have a hit with us?

It's hard to lock in anything definitive online with so many factors/people potentially involved, but if anyone has a good idea, throw it in.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do you mean the Canterbury Leagues Club? It's not in Bankstown. Heath and I mentioned Bankstown Sports Club earlier and yeah it's good. it would be good for a group of 25 or so of us for an afternoon drink or to watch sports in the sports bar but nothing special if you wanted a big night or anything.
Meant Bankstown Sports Club. Surprised they call it a Sports Club rather than a Leagues or RSL club.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Monk;3059924Does anyone know any former Aust players who might patron it a bit said:
I'll check my rollodex and see what I can do.

I reckon early Jan in the new year would suit me best as always take a holiday at that time.

If it is to be in March or April then would prefer it is over the weekend. So I can fly in on a Friday and leave on a Monday. if peeps want to stay longer to watch an FC game then so be it.

The air fare will be dead cheap so I don't see this is an issue to cross the ditch.

I would prefer to only go to a part of Sydney that is safe so I trust Heef is correct.

Red

Where do the majority of Australian CW people who might be interested live? Melb? Sydney?

I'm close to Melb.

Red

I'm in Melb, but really don't mind travelling to Sydney. Road trips are good.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
How famous does the former Australian cricketer have to be - what if it is someone like Glenn Trimble for example?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reckon we could stand a chance of roping in Ewan Chatfield. Still plays low grade club cricket and for the price of a decent taxi fare and maybe a plane ticket, surely he'd be in.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Prague to host the series.
**** Prague. If people wanted to do SE Asia, and there are fantastic facilities in Malaysia, I would see the boys right on tour. Better Cricket and AirAsia is direct from Aus.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Another thought, what about Cameron Merchant - he came over here with a huge reputation from Australia. I think I can swing him.