5. Coronis
    6. Morgieb
    7. Himannv
    8. AndyZaltzHair
    9. Watson
    10. Fredfertang
    11. H4G
    12. Bagapath

Round 2 will be the reverse of this order. Then we will start sliding the top picker to the last position for round 3, reverse that order for round 4, and so on for 12 rounds total....

Pothas to start. He has 12 hours to make his first pick. we can stick to the 12 hour cut off for this draft. If I miss out also, the draft can continue since we all know the rules already.

Please read the OP again to make sure I haven't ****ed any of the conditions up while typing
    Last edited by bagapath; 28-04-2013 at 01:59 AM.

International Vice-Captain watson's Avatar
    Just to clarify;

Does that mean I'll be going 3rd or 8th in Round 3?

If I'm going 8th then I'll never reach a point where I'll go first for the Round because I can only progress up 6 rungs of the ladder (I think).

I guess that's cool.
    "Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong" - Oscar Wilde

Imran Khan

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    Just to clarify;

Does that mean I'll be going 3rd or 8th in Round 3?

If I'm going 8th then I'll never reach a point where I'll go first for the Round because I can only progress up 6 rungs of the ladder (I think).

I guess that's cool.
    You will be going 8th on round 3. I think you will never ever go last

State Vice-Captain
    Gilchrist was pretty damn good in that period :P 2445 runs @ 56.86 with 6 centuries.
    ATG World XI
    1. J.B Hobbs 2. H. Sutcliffe 3. D.G Bradman 4. W.R Hammond 5. G.S Sobers 6. M.J Procter 7. A.C Gilchrist 8. M.D Marshall 9. S.K Warne 10. M. Muralitharan 11. G.D McGrath

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    Gilchrist was pretty damn good in that period :P 2445 runs @ 56.86 with 6 centuries.
    I know. But we are trying to make a team for 80 s -90 s. keeping the years 78,79,80,01,02 only to make sure the spillovers are not missed out. But gilchrist or boycott would be obvious misfits. So the rule about debut and retirement dates. Shud make the selections tougher. But I don't want to see a team that reads Sehwag, Hayden, Gilly etc etc representing an era that they had nothing to do with.

Kingkallis next

International Debutant harsh.ag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bagapath View Post
    I know. But we are trying to make a team for 80 s -90 s. keeping the years 78,79,80,01,02 only to make sure the spillovers are not missed out. But gilchrist or boycott would be obvious misfits. So the rule about debut and retirement dates. Shud make the selections tougher. But I don't want to see a team that reads Sehwag, Hayden, Gilly etc etc representing an era that they had nothing to do with.
    But there is a slight problem here, isn't there? If they scored heavily (few centuries, good average), how did they not have anything to do with that era? I mean, Hayden had his watershed moment in India in 2001, so did Laxman. Dravid had already made quite a mark, so had Ponting, to a lesser degree. Kallis was a very fine all-rounder, since his bowling was at its peak. Maybe if you kept the date at 31 Dec 2000 (before we hit the new millennium), then we would not have those elements you speak of.
    If you were that old, and that kind, and the very last of your kind, you couldn't just stand back and watch children cry.

Sorry, just saw the OP addition.

H4G
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh.skm View Post
    But there is a slight problem here, isn't there? If they scored heavily (few centuries, good average), how did they not have anything to do with that era? I mean, Hayden had his watershed moment in India in 2001, so did Laxman. Dravid had already made quite a mark, so had Ponting, to a lesser degree. Kallis was a very fine all-rounder, since his bowling was at its peak. Maybe if you kept the date at 31 Dec 2000 (before we hit the new millennium), then we would not have those elements you speak of.
    This millennium started on 1-1-2000, not on 1-1-2001.

International Vice-Captain watson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H4G View Post
    This millennium started on 1-1-2000, not on 1-1-2001.

I would hazard a guess H4G and reckon that the point of your post was not so much about time, but rather penis size.
    Last edited by watson; 28-04-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harsh.skm View Post
    All those guys made their debuts in mid 90s. Hayden started even earlier. Sure, they belong to that era.
    Last edited by bagapath; 28-04-2013 at 07:18 PM.

More than 17 hours have passed since Pothas' pick, I will go. Shane Warne.

International Vice-Captain Monk's Avatar

One of my favourites- Wasim Akram

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information