• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft: Best of 1980s and 1990s

bagapath

International Captain
would like to start a new draft to choose players who dominated test cricket in the 80s and 90s. the idea is to build a test XI using players who were active in those decades

The conditions are:

Between Jan 1st 1978 and Dec 31 2002.

they should have played at least 40 tests
or
scored a minimum of 1500 runs
or
made at least 5 scores of 50 and above
or
taken 75 wickets or more
or
taken at least 5 four-wicket hauls
or
taken 50+ catches
or
won 2 "man of the match" awards
or
won one "man of the series" award

One very important condition: the player should have made his debut five years before the cut off, that is before December 31, 1997; and he should not have retired within five years from the start date, that is before January 1, 1983. We don't want champions from 70s and 00s polluting this team. No gilchrist. No boycott.

if enough guys sign up we can start this draft asap

Last edited:

bagapath

International Captain
1. Pothas
2. Kingkallis
3. Harsh
4. Monk
5. Coronis
6. Morgieb
7. Himannv
8. AndyZaltzHair

Will wait for a few more hours and see who else wants to join. 10 would make a good number.

Added one more option in the OP

Last edited:

H4G

Banned
I would like to have a go at it if still open & please increase the number of participants to 14 atleast.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would like to have a go at it if still open & please increase the number of participants to 14 atleast.
The more the better imo, but we may have to relax some of the criteria in the OP to have enough players available in the later rounds

bagapath

International Captain
Lets stick to 12 players max...

And we can start right away.

Round 1

1. Pothas
2. Kingkallis
3. Harsh
4. Monk
5. Coronis
6. Morgieb
7. Himannv
8. AndyZaltzHair
9. Watson
10. Fredfertang
11. H4G
12. Bagapath

Round 2 will be the reverse of this order. Then we will start sliding the top picker to the last position for round 3, reverse that order for round 4, and so on for 12 rounds total....

Pothas to start. He has 12 hours to make his first pick. we can stick to the 12 hour cut off for this draft. If I miss out also, the draft can continue since we all know the rules already.

Please read the OP again to make sure I haven't ****ed any of the conditions up while typing

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Just to clarify;

Does that mean I'll be going 3rd or 8th in Round 3?

If I'm going 8th then I'll never reach a point where I'll go first for the Round because I can only progress up 6 rungs of the ladder (I think).

I guess that's cool.

bagapath

International Captain
Just to clarify;

Does that mean I'll be going 3rd or 8th in Round 3?

If I'm going 8th then I'll never reach a point where I'll go first for the Round because I can only progress up 6 rungs of the ladder (I think).

I guess that's cool.
You will be going 8th on round 3. I think you will never ever go last ;)