• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft: Best of 1980s and 1990s

watson

Banned
Patrick Patterson

01. Matthew Hayden
04. Mark Waugh
09. Dennis Lillee
10. Allan Donald
11. Patrick Patterson

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Dammit Watto. I was planning on him sliding.

Pretty fierce pace battery you've got there.

watson

Banned
Dammit Watto. I was planning on him sliding.

Pretty fierce pace battery you've got there.
I think I'm reasonably happy with a seam attack of Lillee, Donald, Patterson, and M.Waugh. Should be a handful on any wicket, and surprisingly, Patterson's Strike Rate during his only tour of India in 1987/88 was an excellent 41.3.

Actually, if Fred and Coronis didn't claim Qadir and Saqlain then Patterson would have been available for you. But once the crème of the spinners went it seemed appropriate to stack the fast bowling instead.

That's the way the dominos fall I guess.

Justo

U19 Debutant
To round out my pace attack Bruce Reid.

01. Saeed Anwar
03. Inzamam Ul Haq
09. Curtley Ambrose
10. Waqar Younis
11. Bruce Reid

bagapath

International Captain
Round 5

01. Harsh - Fanie de Villiers
02. Monk - Graham Thorpe
03. Coronis - Saqlain Mushtaq
04. Morgeib - Zaheer Abbas
05. Himannv - Desmond Haynes
06. AndyZaltzHair - Shiv Chanderpaul
07. Watson - Pat Patterson
08. Fredfertang - Dean Jones
09. Justo - Bruce Reid
10. Long Hop Cassidy - Ian Healy
11. Bagapath - Iqbal Qasim
12. Pothas - Aravinda De Silva
13. Kingkallis -

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Dean Jones
Interesting choice considering that's there's still plenty of good batsman left. Must admit that I have a soft for Jones and believe that he was treated badly by Captain Grumpy and the selectors.

Any specific reason why you prefer him to the batsman I'm currently thinking of, but probably shouldn't mention in the middle of a Draft?

bagapath

International Captain
Interesting choice considering that's there's still plenty of good batsman left. Must admit that I have a soft for Jones and believe that he was treated badly by Captain Grumpy and the selectors.

Any specific reason why you prefer him to the batsman I'm currently thinking of, but probably shouldn't mention in the middle of a Draft?
ideally we should not be discussing it in the middle of the draft.

and dont **** around with allan border's legacy. he made sure no one got into match fixing when he was captain. you can say dean jones benefited from the fear and respect he had for his skipper - he said so himself when he spoke about the first fixing offer he got in sri lanka.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Always thought Jones was a top class player and I was particularly impressed with the way he performed in an otherwise piss poor side in Durham's first season as a First Class county

bagapath

International Captain
Good round.
Totally agree
----------------
My Round 5 pick is the only spinner who averaged under 30 in the 80s. Iqbal Qasim
----------------
My team so far....

sunny gavaskar
viv richards
chris cairns
andy roberts
iqbal qasim

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Totally agree
----------------
My Round 5 pick is the only spinner who averaged under 30 in the 80s. Iqbal Qasim
----------------
My team so far....

sunny gavaskar
viv richards
chris cairns
andy roberts
iqbal qasim
Not bad at all bagapath.

bagapath

International Captain
Round 5

01. Harsh - Fanie de Villiers
02. Monk - Graham Thorpe
03. Coronis - Saqlain Mushtaq
04. Morgeib - Zaheer Abbas
05. Himannv - Desmond Haynes
06. AndyZaltzHair - Shiv Chanderpaul
07. Watson - Pat Patterson
08. Fredfertang - Dean Jones
09. Justo - Bruce Reid
10. Long Hop Cassidy - Ian Healy
11. Bagapath - Iqbal Qasim
12. Pothas - Aravinda De Silva
13. Kingkallis - Robin Smith

Round 6

01. Kingkallis - Darren Gough
02. Pothas - Merv Hughes
03. Bagapath - Heath Streak
04. Log Hop Cassidy - Gary Kirsten
05. Justo - Daniel Vettori
06. Fredfertang - Michael Atherton
07. Watson - Jeff Dujon
08. AndyZaltzHair –
09. Himannv –
10. Morgeib –
11. Coronis -
12. Monk -
13. Harsh -

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
After losing first few important picks, I guess I should go back to picking my fav. players rather than picking best available options.

So my next 2 players are :

Robin Smith
Darren Gough

CricZo XI

2. Alec Stewart ( + )
3. Robin Smith
4. Javed Miandad
5. Steve Waugh ( c )
9. Darren Gough
11. Courtney Walsh

bagapath

International Captain
Heath Streak will share the new ball with Andy Roberts and Chris Cairns in my team

My team so far....

sunny gavaskar
viv richards
chris cairns
heath streak
andy roberts
iqbal qasim