• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Big Bash League 2013/14

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Murali the difference, amazing spell of T20 bowling. Everytime they needed a wicket he got it, and then his last over they couldn't hit him which shot up the RRR

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Putting it out there, considering his rep, Hales has been a huge disappointment.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Don't think you're putting anything out there ****. Bloke has been an undoubted failure, ranked #1 in the world and hasn't made many decent contributions.

Top_Cat

Yeah I mean, T20 is a bit different to ODIs and Tests in that there should be at least some element of getting what you pay for, if you know what I mean. Some handy scores he's got, few of them have hurt the oppo. Compare and contrast to what Bravo did last night and what Shakib did for Adelaide for that one game; near-instant impact on the team.

Last edited:

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Really dissapointed with Adelaide this year, we were hyped up and weren't terrible but we kept getting on the back foot when it mattered.

I least hope that Alex Hales and Shaun Tait won't be playing for us next year. No where near value for money. Alex Hales didn't pass 50 once and despite the big shots, never looked like destroying the opposition bowling attack like we expected/wanted from him. Tait was good in patches but his contributions were cancelled out by some absolute ****e bowling. Think the sherrif is most probably past his use by date.

We need to get Shakib if we can. As Top Cat said he had an instant impact and in the two games he played was our best player by a mile. Shocked when they chose to keep Hales in the side when Botha came back from injury. Don't know if it was marquee value or what but it was a bizzare decision. Having Shakib aswell as Botha would have allowed us to play an extra seamer i.e. Gary Puntland. I think the advantage of having six bowlers in T20 is massively undervalued. If you look at the really successful sides this season they all have a bowling option they can rely on if one of the other five are getting hammered.

Luders didn't play at the top at all this season which was bizarre considering how well he did last year. He came in even after Botha and by that time in most innings he didn't have a chance to make an impact. He can do more than just slog and Berry should recognise that by putting him in at six at the absolute latest.

Keep Nathan Reardon, he was good again this year but he was left to shoulder to much of the burden with our top order consistently failing. Philip Hughes was preferred over Callum Ferguson despite Hughes having an absolute shocker of a start to the season. Hughes should be kept completely away from this competition. I'm now worried he's going to resume the Sheffield Shield with none of the century making form he left off with.

Michael Neser I think was sort of meant to fill that Kieron Pollard role of the lower order allrounder who can bowl medium-fast and give it a whack in the closing overs. Obviously a better bowler than Pollard and was effective although he either failed or didn't get a chance with the bat until last night when he looked solid.

I would be chasing another big fish top order batsmen next year. It'll have to be another Aussie though if we want both Botha and Shakib in the team, using up the two international slots.

Ideally for next year:

Michael Klinger
-unamed gun top order batsmen-
Callum Ferguson/Jono Dean
Shakib Al Hasan
Nathan Reardon
Tim Ludeman (wk)
Johan Botha (c)
Michael Neser
Kane Richardson
Gary Puntland
-attacking seamer who is not Shaun Tait-

Travis Head
Trent Lawford
Jon Holland
Adam Zampa
-a few young u19 project players e.g. Alex Gregory-

benchmark00

Isn't this the last year of Botha's Redbacks contract? If so I wouldn't say it's a lock to see him back next year.

Top_Cat

I least hope that Alex Hales and Shaun Tait won't be playing for us next year. No where near value for money. Alex Hales didn't pass 50 once and despite the big shots, never looked like destroying the opposition bowling attack like we expected/wanted from him. Tait was good in patches but his contributions were cancelled out by some absolute ****e bowling. Think the sherrif is most probably past his use by date.
Personally, Tait's just had a bit of a meh season, been figured out a bit as far as when the short ones are coming, this year he's been pulled and driven for 6 with alarming regularly for a bloke with his wheels. Think they'll try to hang onto him.

Not a fan of Jono Dean. though. His batting seems to be stuck in the early era of T20 when blokes like Ponting didn't know what to do other than look for balls to slap. Like last night, he might middle a couple bit a miscue is always absolutely on.