• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Big Bash League 2013/14

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
also

Thunder:
Chris Gayle, Mahela Jayawardene, Nuwan Kulasekera

- Gayle will be there, but costs the big bucks
- Jayawardene is gun, and domestic batting depth is weaker than bowling depth
- Kulasekera is a good T20 bowler, and if the Thunder are targetting SL players, he might be the way to go. Cheaper than Mendis, who would be the other big T20 buy.
the thunder could make it a clean sweep of little sri lankans and sign dilshan instead of gayle and I think it would probably make them a better team

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But goddamn it the first thing the Thunder have to do is sign a proper captain. Obviously going after Hussey is a good step. Could sign SOK I suppose. but damnit if they end up with Aiden Blizzard captaining....

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Brockley have you heard the rumour that Sydney Thunder are after Mohammed Aamir and VVS Laxman?

adub

International Captain
Should tighten it up until after the Sydney Test. Then they can have all of January to themselves without competing against the Test series and they can run a round of Shield games after Christmas so we always have guys playing fc to pick from for the Test side.

Their own figures showed no one gave a **** about it until after the Tests. Short and sweet three week tournament works.

brockley

International Captain
No Nufan i doubt it Laxman **** in ipl doesn't have a side,Aamir is banned.With a Sri lankan coach i expect Sri lankans.