all sports should be banned from fta
Saw that on my facebook feed too. Seems ridiculous, reckon that most of the time it would wind up on a Channel Ten secondary channel (Eleven or One HD) and it wouldn't be worth paying much of the rights for that. Basically, would be paying through the nose just for the BBL games over the summer holidays.
Rung around official lines today,everything points to it just being a rumour,sorry,damn facebook.Likely to be resolved in 2 weeks.
2 days to trading takes place.
Let's assume we're Heads of Recruitment here for a second - which overseas players would you be aiming to sign, based on last year's squads? For the sake of the exercise, clubs who have signed a player in the past will get them first.
Avoided players from New Zealand, South Africa and India, given they are highly unlikely to be available.
Jos Buttler, Alfonso Thomas, Angelo Mathews
- Were playing Mike Hussey as a wicketkeeper because the other options were pretty rubbish in T20 cricket.
- Thomas performed well for them
- Hilton Cartwright/Tim Armstrong aren't good enough to play as 5th bowlers at 6 or 7.
Luke Wright, Lasith Malinga, Graham Napier/Dimitri Mascarenas
- Wright as performed for them
- Lasith Malinga is Lasith Malinga
- Mascarenas becasue the Stars have no glaring specialist weakness, Napier because he is very similar.
Muttiah Muralitharan, Marlon Samuels, Alex Hales
- Murali is still a damn good spinner
- Samuels, despite being a ****, is a decent player.
- Hales made runs for them, and means Dan Harris doesn't need to play.
Johan Botha, Kieron Pollard, Chris Woakes
- Well, Botha is the captain.
- Pollard has the history at Adelaide
- With so many spinners on the books already (Botha, Zampa, Holland, Boyce et al), some back-up to Kane Richardson would be useful. Plus he can bat.
Sunil Narine, Sachithra Senanayake, Eoin Morgan
- The Sixers are big fans of their mystery spinners
- Morgan provides support to a brittle middle order; plenty of opening options but very little support
Thisara Perera, Ben Stokes, Shakib Al Hasan
- Perera performed for them
- English players available with it being an Ashes summer; Stokes good with the bat and can bowl.
- Shakib a direct swap for the perennially-injured Vettori - Heat lack a second spin option and lower-middle order strength
Chris Gayle, Mahela Jayawardene, Nuwan Kulasekera
- Gayle will be there, but costs the big bucks
- Jayawardene is gun, and domestic batting depth is weaker than bowling depth
- Kulasekera is a good T20 bowler, and if the Thunder are targetting SL players, he might be the way to go. Cheaper than Mendis, who would be the other big T20 buy.
Owais Shah/Nasir Jamshed, Hamid Hassan, Umar Gul
- Shah seems to be a Hobart staple now, although I'd prefer a more consistent option.
- Gul is still one of the preeminent T20 bowlers.
- Only one way to find out if Hassan's good enough, and it can't hurt Afghani cricket.
A few selections are utterly random and highly unlikely, but yeah.
Last edited by Dan; 26-04-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Vettorri on a 2/3 year deal. Good surmising tho,like Morgan.
Someone should probably sign a keeper
Brad McNamara @bbuzzmc
Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.
Another thing to blame Ian Collins for.
EDIT: and Mike McKenna.
Send them to Waverley.
the Waverley park in sydney that is
George Horlin-Smith to surely captain the Geelong Renegades btw
Or, in the ultimate troll, Geelong VFL player Meyrick Buchanan.
I'd play under Matthew Knights instead of Greg Shepherd too
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)