• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Big Bash League 2013/14

ajdude

International Coach
what the living end song is that that they play at the end of every match? must be off their latest album or something

John73

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It's not just BBL, T20 finals need to be rethought in all leagues. It's a very short (compared to 50 over) games, one player can have a great day and win the whole thing. 8 from 8, and then out after a semi - just doesn't make sense to me. You want the best two sides fighting out the final(s) and it's played out over one game? You can nearly compared T20 to baseball - they don't have "best of 1" game for finals and T20 shouldn't either. Just my 2 cents (yes I'm a Melb Stars fan) :)

Spark

Global Moderator
It's not just BBL, T20 finals need to be rethought in all leagues. It's a very short (compared to 50 over) games, one player can have a great day and win the whole thing. 8 from 8, and then out after a semi - just doesn't make sense to me. You want the best two sides fighting out the final(s) and it's played out over one game? You can nearly compared T20 to baseball - they don't have "best of 1" game for finals and T20 shouldn't either. Just my 2 cents (yes I'm a Melb Stars fan) :)
Given that the Stars have failed to win a knockout game in their history I don't think they have a right to complain tbh.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You couldn't make it up.

We actually tried to earlier on but didn't manage.

Kudos.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I actually don't have a problem with it because teams don't play the same number of games against each opponent and have players coming and going from the squad throughout the regular season.

John73

Given that the Stars have failed to win a knockout game in their history I don't think they have a right to complain tbh.
Probably not - but where did they finish in prior seasons - having won 8 from 8? Has any team every gone through undefeated?

If I remember correctly (I probably don't) - Heat won from 4th last year - did they deserve to be the winners? Well if they won from 4th all it proved is that they were the better team on the day, not the better team for the competition and how did that end for them when they played in the IPL?

If you are going to use this as qualification for a major tournament, you want the best teams playing, not the teams that just scraped into the finals and then had their two best games of the year within in the space of 1 week. Just saying :)

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
feel like a best of 3 or 5 series could work really in the IPL tbh. wouldn't work here with the tight schedule tho

John73

I actually don't have a problem with it because teams don't play the same number of games against each opponent and have players coming and going from the squad throughout the regular season.
That is something else I don't get about BBL - why the hell wouldn't they just play a standard round robin tournament? Granted to do it fairly you'll have to play a home + an away game against each team, but why 8 matches so that one team is forced to play against the strongest teams twice while every other team doesn't play them twice. I'm guessing the problem comes back to 8 teams - so if you did a 1 round round robin you'd have every team playing 7 games, so some would get 3 home 4 away and others would get 4 home 3 away. Either make it an odd number of teams or do a proper home and away round robin tournament when everyone plays everyone home & away.