• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English County Cricket - Most Consecutive Seasons 1500+ runs at over 50

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I thought I'd have a quick look to see who had the longest streak. This is by no means comprehensive so if anyone can find other then please do.

Consecutive English Seasons 1500+ runs at average over 50

Hobbs - 9
Gooch -7
Hick - 5 (all before Test debut)
Boycott - 4 (all after last Test)
Gatting - 4
Ramprakash - 4

stumpski

International Captain
I would be very surprised if Hammond wasn't in there somewhere.

High run aggregates, you're looking more at old-time players, they played a lot more innings. High averages, it tends to be more recent players - covered wickets, etc.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I would be very surprised if Hammond wasn't in there somewhere.

High run aggregates, you're looking more at old-time players, they played a lot more innings. High averages, it tends to be more recent players - covered wickets, etc.
Hammond - 4

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't imagine that anyone can beat Hobbs - Sutcliffe with 8 and Hendren 7 are the best I can find, although admittedly I didn't look very hard