• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Graphs of Wickets by Batting Order for Good Bowlers

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just making, for posterity's sake, a compilation of Graphs of Wickets by Batting Order for Good Bowlers.

Doing it by countries. So, first we have the Windies pace battery:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It can be seen why Sylvestre Clarke and Wes Hall are highly rated based on this metric. Croft great too. Garner loses out the most.

watson

Banned
I often wonder how many Tests Clarke would have played if that brick missed;

Sylvester's high speed delivery of ball, brick, and brandy

...In the Caribbean in 1981 he was chosen ahead of Michael Holding to play against England but then lost his place after being banned for lobbing a brick into the crowd in Multan, Pakistan. Fielding in the outfield, he had been pelted with pebbles and oranges. The brick hit a student leader, who with blood pouring from his head was carried from the ground for emergency surgery. Had an England fast bowler thrown that brick it would probably have passed harmlessly down the leg side.

Sylvester's high speed delivery of ball, brick, and brandy | Sport | The Guardian

watson

Banned
Look and at all that blue for Larwood. Fabulous.

Also, I would have thought that Warne would have picked up a higher percentage of top-order batsman. But I guess that's because McGrath was so good they weren't around by the time Warne got to roll his arm over.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Good work so far Harsh. The other nations to come? South Africa and Pakistan in Particular?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I appreciate the effort by harsh.

I wouldn't be getting my little fella rising so much at the sight of all that blue without thinking about the opposition lineups, bowlers role in team and teammates.