• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who hates Best cricketer/batsman/bowler/spinner threads?

Who hates Best cricketer/batsman/bowler/spinner threads?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I find them interesting when there's actual discussion (with historical quotes etc), particularly on players from the pre TV era. I find them irritating when it's just people with biased opinions saying that Sachin is heaps better than Lara (or vice versa) for no apparent reason.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I love them, that is why we come here, to engage in healthy discussion about the game we love.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I like them. The worst thing about them are the people who pop in to just say how **** the thread is and how they don't find it worthy of their time.

Satyanash89

Banned
Like them, but only those discussions which are sensible and don't devolve into:

1) Demeaning greats of the game just to prove a trivial point.
2) Ridiculous levels of stats picking just to find the tiniest whole in a cricketer's resume and blowing it out of proportion
3) A was better than B because C said so... I'm sorry, reputation among experts is definitely something to consider, but you've got to make up your own mind, ESPECIALLY when it's about modern cricketers you've seen play.

uvelocity

International Coach
they go round in circles after about 3 posts, so i avoid them. each to their own though. i come here for cricket news, match discussion, opinion on current players and comedy

Slifer

International Captain
I love them up until the point that:

A. Certain fans of a certain batsman start questioning the legacy of the incomparable DGB
B. When bowling threads evolve into a Murali vs Warne argument

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Who hates unnecessary capitalisation in a thread title?

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Who hates unnecessary capitalisation in a thread title?
I saw only the first three words of the thread title and thought, yeah, that Tino, he's a ****, let me lend my voice to the debate

sorely disappointed

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
they go round in circles after about 3 posts, so i avoid them. each to their own though. i come here for cricket news, match discussion, opinion on current players and comedy
this.

find people who only focus on atg threads and know **** all about the current game odd tstl, but you know, whatever floats your boat.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
They're a lot better than vs threads BeeGee. Wait until those spring back into fashion. At one point we had 4 McGrath vs threads happening at the same time.

I am thankful that we have an ATG general discussion thread as much of the 'who is the greatest' has gone into that thread. Perhaps more of it needs to.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Not a fan. In general they struggle to escape from the fact that cricket has changed immensely since it's origin, making it all but impossible to compare players who played in different eras.

Can still generate some interesting discussion though.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I like tour threads, and any discussion around player techniques. I once started a thread on who had the best forward defence. .

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I hate them.

It's always the same people who fight over them and it drags on and on. The worst part is that a new thread is created for the same category every couple of months.