• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who hates Best cricketer/batsman/bowler/spinner threads?

Who hates Best cricketer/batsman/bowler/spinner threads?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
They go around and around in circles and you end up with the repetition of the same arguments ad nauseum because a significant chunk of people don't take too kindly to people disagreeing with them.

Hence whenever I put Larwood in an ATG XI I refuse to debate it any further, to avoid taking the thread off topic in that direction for the fourth time.

Current case in point being 'Is Barnes a spinner or paceman' - we have a dedicated thread for that discussion, and yet the same articles and the same arguments keep getting thrown around year after year.

You get this mindless repetition of the same discussion that was had with different members a year previously. People disagree, ATG teams and best players are subjective, and no amount of debate will change everyone's opinion to agree with you.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
They go around and around in circles and you end up with the repetition of the same arguments ad nauseum because a significant chunk of people don't take too kindly to people disagreeing with them.

Hence whenever I put Larwood in an ATG XI I refuse to debate it any further, to avoid taking the thread off topic in that direction for the fourth time.

Current case in point being 'Is Barnes a spinner or paceman' - we have a dedicated thread for that discussion, and yet the same articles and the same arguments keep getting thrown around year after year.

You get this mindless repetition of the same discussion that was had with different members a year previously. People disagree, ATG teams and best players are subjective, and no amount of debate will change everyone's opinion to agree with you.
Yeh, but seriously, you can't include Larwood in any ATG team...............

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fredfertang is a chucker.
On tour one year we had a beer match once after a game with an 11am start finished early 'cos the oppo cheated by playing a bloke who was far too good for our standard the rules of the beer match were that everyone "bowled" two overs but you had to throw, without making it obvious, there was a no ball penalty for anyone who bowled with a straight arm - I took 2-15, my best ever figures for the club, and my disguising of the chuck was so good I was the only bowler on either side to get no-balled

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On tour one year we had a beer match once after a game with an 11am start finished early 'cos the oppo cheated by playing a bloke who was far too good for our standard the rules of the beer match were that everyone "bowled" two overs but you had to throw, without making it obvious, there was a no ball penalty for anyone who bowled with a straight arm - I took 2-15, my best ever figures for the club, and my disguising of the chuck was so good I was the only bowler on either side to get no-balled
What would Brumby rate you on the Brumb-o-meter?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What would Brumby rate you on the Brumb-o-meter?
Pretty filthy I should think - 12 out of 13 is almost as conclusive as you get - In fact I wonder if Brumbers might have been on his summer hols down in Devon about 20 years ago - perhaps he saw the match, didn't understand what was going on, and has been mentally scarred ever since