• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lokomotiv's Proposed Changes to Cricket

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Baseball games go for about 3-4 hours and end up with ridiculous scores like 5-1. In other words, the ball is too hard to hit when 'pitched' and therefore the spectacle becomes fundamentally boring.

By prohibiting the bowler from bending his arm the laws of cricket even up the contest between bat and ball. That way we get to watch batters like Chris Gayle belt 175 runs off 66 deliveries. Not so boring.
The scoreline has nothing to do with how hard the ball is to hit when pitched.

Cricket scores wouldn't be terribly high either if you forced a batsman to run every time he hit the ball.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
needs a new avatar imo
Seems nice.

By the way, I watched international friendly games (Japan's Women team are now in tour in Britain). The games were 2 T20. Japan won 1 and lost 1.

After seeing those games, I now consider that wide-ball should be more severe for bowlers.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Number of outs in over-limited games

I think that number of outs should be counted to the score.

I think that that 170-9 is better than 169-0 is very strange. Isn't it possible to count the outs in the score? For example, point deduction by every out.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has

I think that that 170-9 is better than 169-0 is very strange. Isn't it possible to count the outs in the score? For example, point deduction by every out.
You're silly. But funny.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain

You should've played u11 indoor cricket. Each batter had two overs, and lost five runs every time he was out. Was also hit and run, and one hand one bounce catches. Was fun to play.

But real cricket is more enjoyable.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
You should've played u11 indoor cricket. Each batter had two overs, and lost five runs every time he was out. Was also hit and run, and one hand one bounce catches. Was fun to play.

But real cricket is more enjoyable.
I heard something similar about 8-player Cricket, from a Japanese Cricketter in Hong Kong.

And today I attended Scotland-Essex game. I saw one thing I could not understand. That is a substitution of Essex fielder in the Scotland's batting time.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
If a fielder gets 'injured'* they are allowed a substitute, however the substitute can only field - they cannot bowl, and the original player bats in their innings.

*'injured' also tends to refer to fast bowlers wanting a break, a change of boots, toilet break or other reason for leaving the field.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'd love to see T20s played with a different rule.

Instead of 4 overs per bowler, every player on the fielding team must bowl 2 overs (except the wicketkeeper). Would be brilliant to watch how captains approached it tactically, and it would be interesting to see how much it impacts selections. Would also just be fun to see guys who don't normally bowl have a trundle.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Teams of bit-part all rounders being selected, IMO.

Dilshan
Gayle
Watson
Hussey
Symonds
de Villiers +
Harvey
Vettori
Starc
Swann
Steyn

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
If a fielder gets 'injured'* they are allowed a substitute, however the substitute can only field - they cannot bowl, and the original player bats in their innings.

*'injured' also tends to refer to fast bowlers wanting a break, a change of boots, toilet break or other reason for leaving the field.
I think that 3 subs (1 is wicketkeeper) should be allowed, including batting and bowling.

And I saw the coaches were using Baseball gloves in fielding practice before the game. How do they get Baseball gloves in the countries where there is no Baseball? Internet shopping?
I think introduction of Baseball gloves into Cricket would be considerable. It will make catching easier, and increase the number of outs.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Many cricket shops sell baseball-style gloves marketed towards coaches.

As for introducing gloves for all fielders - how would we continue to call americans wimps on internet, justifying cricket's superiority?

Last edited:

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Many cricket shops sell baseball-style gloves marketed towards coaches.

As for introducing gloves for all fielders - how would we continue to call americans wimps on internet, justifying cricket's superiority?
Cricket's superiority is clear -- there is no advantage for left Batsmen, no intentional four-balls, etc.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
It's the same the other way round. Lefties hit better against right handed pitching, righties hit left handed pitching better. Basically because the ball is pitched into them rather than across them, I guess. So it's kinda like a left arm quick coming round the wicket to a right handed batsman and bowling at the stumps - the angle makes it easier to hit to the leg side. In baseball it means the batter can pull the ball (think of a pull/draw/hook in golf) more easily.