• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lokomotiv's Proposed Changes to Cricket

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
No, you don't need to take out any of the characters. These are the only characters/sounds Japanese language has that would come close to spelling/pronouncing "Tendulkar". There are no L sounds in Japanese, nor are there are sounds that end in R.
More accurately, there is no phonemic distinction between L and R in Japanese, and Japanese words always end in vowels.
So "Tendulkar" is Tendorukaru.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Well heres the thing. If you have never heard of the name "Tendulkar"......probably the most famous name to have ever played the game of cricket, then it is my opinion that you are in no position at all to be recommending "proposed changes to cricket"

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Well heres the thing. If you have never heard of the name "Tendulkar"......probably the most famous name to have ever played the game of cricket, then it is my opinion that you are in no position at all to be recommending "proposed changes to cricket"
So I wouldn't be able to go onto curlingweb.net/forum and suggest some changes to make the sport more appealing to me because I hadn't heard of the curling equivalent of ten dollar carl? #Teamloko

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
No. Well I mean you can.....but would you really want to be the curlingweb.net/forum equivelant of Loko??

Surely before you assume to fix something you'd first need to understand what was wrong with it??

How much interest or understanding of cricket can someone have that doesn't know of Ten Dollar Carl??

PS.

If you do venture onto the curling forum to suggest some changes, can you ask them why the **** they play the game on ice?? Surely it would appeal to a greater number of people if it were played on grass or sand?? I mean how many people in the world have access to areas of ice???

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If you do venture onto the curling forum to suggest some changes, can you ask them why the **** they play the game on ice?? Surely it would appeal to a greater number of people if it were played on grass or sand?? I mean how many people in the world have access to areas of ice???
That can be my second question/thread. My first one will be asking if there has ever been an instance of a team throwing 4 curling stones in a row intentionally poorly in a match before. 3rd question will be requesting the Norwegian team outfit sent to Australia

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
As I have explained, I had been recognising him as テンドルカール.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Ten Dollar Carl. A wild eyed gunslinger who'll take out any man, woman or child for ten dollars, pardner.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Let's call him Ten Dollar Carl on this board.
Mate, I think you'll find the name will stick.

Along with that gorgeous Japanese lass, Ten Dollar Carl is another gem your threads have brought to this forum..........keep up the good work:ph34r:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Mate, I think you'll find the name will stick.

Along with that gorgeous Japanese lass, Ten Dollar Carl is another gem your threads have brought to this forum..........keep up the good work:ph34r:
Reckon we could still draft him into the BOTM, would challenge for the title IMO

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Well if Jono can win it then that is living proof that anyone can:ph34r:

Sorry Pews.....just kidding :p