• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lokomotiv's Proposed Changes to Cricket

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given Tendulkar had the same thoughts, I have finally come to the conclusion that, just like good businessmen are usually horrible macroeconomists, good cricketers may not be the best administrators either.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Please tell me who Tendulkar is. Tendulkar has an opinion same to mine (2 20-over innings game instead 1 50-over innings)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Tbf that is how you would spell Tendulkar using Katakana. Google translate has just made a meal of it.

Edit: Though if Loko really is a native Japanese speaker he would have been able to work out the Roman spelling of Tendulkar from this.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
if you take out some of the characters you get something closer to tendulkar
No, you don't need to take out any of the characters. These are the only characters/sounds Japanese language has that would come close to spelling/pronouncing "Tendulkar". There are no L sounds in Japanese, nor are there are sounds that end in R.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I took off the end 2 characters and got 'tendoruka', was just an observation, I don't know the first thing about the language

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Actually the last one probably could come off. Apologies.

The second to last one is just to elongate the aaa sound.

Last edited: