• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lokomotiv's Proposed Changes to Cricket

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Lokomotiv, can you please confirm if the famous 4 balls in baseball was correct too or was that an error in a Japanese book too? If correct, do you have any video footage of it?

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Lokomotiv, can you please confirm if the famous 4 balls in baseball was correct too or was that an error in a Japanese book too? If correct, do you have any video footage of it?
Do you mean this batter?

Yes, I can confirm this is a real one, taken from the High School Baseball national competition this year.
And I want to see an exhibition Cricket game in which Baseball bats are used.
And as for balls, I think that the Japan-born gum-ball would be good for amateurs and children, because there would be no necessity for guards .

Last edited:

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
I have a question. Possibly my question sounds strange, but answer me in a logical way.
What do you think about 4-ball over and "maiden out" rule (in the case of maiden, the striker is out)?

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
I have a question. Possibly my question sounds strange, but answer me in a logical way.
What do you think about 4-ball over and "maiden out" rule (in the case of maiden, the striker is out)?
What if a leg bye was scored half way through a maiden over, so that both batsmen had the strike. Would they both be out?

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
What if a leg bye was scored half way through a maiden over, so that both batsmen had the strike. Would they both be out?
Oh, I had misunderstanding.
If a leg bye was scored, is the over still maiden? I did not understand that.
I meant "in the case of no run in 1 over, the Batsman in the last ball of the over is out".

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
"LAWS 22-1
ボールの数

試合前の合意に基づき、1オーバー6球もしくは8球で各ウィケットから交互に投球される。"

It does say an over is 6 (or 8) balls. :p (Depending on what was agreed upon before the match)

E: And now I see it has already been pointed out..........
I still have my case.

What do you think about my suggestion below?

In limited-over games: 1 over is always 6 balls.
In Tests: 1 over is normally 6 balls, but it can be 8 balls when there is agreement between two sides.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I do admire your tenacity mate, you hang on to your ideas like grim death in a manner that befits a true scotsman, but the length of the over is surely the least important issue facing cricket in the second decade of the 21st century

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Balls above 90mph to be declared no-balls. To be applied retrospectively to any matches in the last month.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Balls above 90mph to be declared no-balls. To be applied retrospectively to any matches in the last month.
I want serious discussions... please do not write such things.

By the way, I am not very familiar with the Laws. Please tell me about no-balls and wide-balls. In the case of too many no-balls/wide-balls, is there any punishment for that Bowler?