• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lokomotiv's Proposed Changes to Cricket

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
But the overs will be longer and you'd probably get fewer overs in an hour therefore slowing the pace of the game anyway.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
If you bowled the same number of balls with longer overs it would probably save time given there would be less breaks between overs

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
I deserved to be punished for rationalizing a claim made by Loko I spose
Could you tell me what "spose" means? I could not find this word in my dictionary.

By the way, is 8-ball over a so strange idea? Cricket Laws clearly states that the number of balls of 1 over is 6 or 8.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually they used to have 8 ball overs, I don't see a huge problem with it myself but I also don't see the need to change it from 6 balls. "spose" is simply short for "suppose"

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Didn't want to start a new thread on this, but thought someone might be able to answer this for me.

On the weekend at cricket it was so windy that the heavy bails were continually blowing off. The umpire removed them and we played bail-less most of the arvo.

In this situation, is it necessary to remove a stump to effect a run out? Or a stumping?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A Question for Loko

The batting side come to the last over needing 19 runs to win. During the over there are no no-balls, wides or otherthrows. The first four balls are dot balls. The fielders naturally think that they have won. During and after the fifth ball , again a dot ball, something happens that allows the batting side to win.

How?