Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Lokomotiv's Proposed Changes to Cricket

Some interesting points. The toss abolishment is something that I wouldn't be completely against, I think it has merits in theory.
    DL use in a test match is not something I agree with, on the face of it. What's your basis behind the DL use? It would destroy something like 10 overs left in a match with only 2-3 wickets in hand. That's a good test match that a team effectively loses in essence. Or am I as usual missing the point?
    Current Favourite XI 1. Cook 2. Gayle 3. Sangakarra 4. Clarke* 5. Chanderpaul 6. Al Hasan 7. De Kock+ 8.Johnson 9.Harris 10. Herath 11. Steyn

The draw is a part of test match cricket, and often draws are some of the most tense matches played, people who advocate for draws to be stopped obviously don't follow or support test cricket all that much. The only way to stop the tame draw is to not get ****ty weather as well as preparing sporting pitches.

Overall, not horrible suggestions, but the fact is that it is better for some teams to play each other more than others, and that is the main flaw in the proposed system - teams play each other equally.
    Adders likes this.
    There are two colours in my head

Loko, why do you keep posting your proposed rule changes to the game here??? Who the **** here can do anything with them??

I suggest you send these fantastic ideas to the ICC. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you.
    marc71178 likes this.

I'm certain this guy is a troll, he must be, I mean, how about that time he directed Benchy to a wiki page he linked to asnwer his question (even though the question was asked in a rather insincere manner), despite the fact that he himself will post questions all the damn time in spite of being told hundreds of times to look it up himself. The guy is surely having a laugh, I mean, ffs, Backlash made a better contribution to CW than this guy.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    He is blatantly a multi, I don't know why people take his ideas even vaguely seriously.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

He did reference 'having similar problems on a rugby league forum' which made me wonder whether he was legit, but I really don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    He did reference 'having similar problems on a rugby league forum' which made me wonder whether he was legit, but I really don't think so
    Well, I am not a troll. Since I am new to Cricket (I am from Japan, a Baseball country), some of my ideas will be looked bizarre. However I am always serious.
    I have attended several YB40 games, WCL games, and watched T20 games on TV, but I have never attended/watched a Test. So my understanding of Test is superficial, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokomotiv View Post
    Well, I am not a troll. Since I am new to Cricket (I am from Japan, a Baseball country), some of my ideas will be looked bizarre. However I am always serious.
    I have attended several YB40 games, WCL games, and watched T20 games on TV, but I have never attended/watched a Test. So my understanding of Test is superficial, I know.
    Welcome to a greater understanding of cricket then. Only being relatively new here myself I'm not sure I'm who should tell you, but it's all test talk here unless otherwise specified.

If that's true, then fine, but that's no excuse for doing the same things over despite being told to do otherwise a hundred times. Most of your questions can be answered in 2 minutes on google and your suggestions are nightmare fuel for cricket fans and I'm not the first to say this, so if you are as serious as you claim you would probably take our advice, but seeing as you don't I'm inclined to think you are baiting us.

but I have never attended/watched a Test. So my understanding of Test is superficial, I know.
    And as I've said to you before, spend some time watching and appreciating test cricket before trying to fix it. Then you may be in a position to make comment on it.

This forum is full of enthusiasts, we like the game.....no one here thinks test crickets needs to be sped up, not many think that draws (in most cases) are a problem. Test cricket is a very very unique sport, it is not to everyones liking and I'm sure the majority of the world would not understand at all how people like us can sit for 5 days straight enthralled and when the result does end up a draw declare we've just witnessed one of the greatest sporting events ever..........but we understand, because we appreciate it for what it is.

I've never watched a baseball game, I've never had any inclination to..........but I also have never gone onto a baseball forum telling folk there who have spent years watching and loving their game how it should be more like cricket.

He's repeated his backstory so many times now. It's as though it's been practised in front of a mirror.
    BeeGee likes this.
    And we still haven't walked in the glow of each other's majestic presence.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by schearzie View Post
    Some interesting points. The toss abolishment is something that I wouldn't be completely against, I think it has merits in theory.
    DL use in a test match is not something I agree with, on the face of it. What's your basis behind the DL use? It would destroy something like 10 overs left in a match with only 2-3 wickets in hand. That's a good test match that a team effectively loses in essence. Or am I as usual missing the point?
    Well that's basically the point. You wouldn't get draws and even if a team manages to "save the match" with wickets in hand, if they are chasing a much larger target that they would probably not reach then they "lose" the match. It makes sense from a pragmatic point of view but you will lose that one aspect of Test cricket, the part where teams have to bowl the other side out twice to win.

hi loko,

could you provide a visual presentation explaining your suggestions? perhaps some kind of video?

Quote Originally Posted by dermo View Post
    hi loko,

could you provide a visual presentation explaining your suggestions? perhaps some kind of video?
    To be fair to him, at least loko's posts are his own.
    Maximas, Daemon, marc71178 and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    To be fair to him, at least loko's posts are his own.
    Well, I am not a troll. Since I am new to Cricketweb some of my ideas will be looked bizarre. However I am always serious.

Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread Information