• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lokomotiv's Proposed Changes to Cricket

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I advocate that the value of 6s should be increased to 8.
And maybe 1s should be increased to 2s, 2s to 3s, 4s to 7s and maybe even 6s to 12s?

High scoring is always more exciting for the fans.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And maybe 1s should be increased to 2s, 2s to 3s, 4s to 7s and maybe even 6s to 12s?

High scoring is always more exciting for the fans.
Would have the effect of making some of the old batting records less impregnable - if you just double everything then give it 20 years and Bradman will be out of the top 10 and 99.94 will be ordinary

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sorry I do not know Peter Fulton. However, I think that too slow bowling should be outlawed. And when a ball bounced twice, it should be no-ball. And too many no-balls and wide-balls must be punished (sorry I am not very familiar with the Laws around here).
Yes, yes! Great idea! Those who bowl too many no balls should be defenestrated. Again, I'm not to clear on the Laws in each cricket jurisdiction, but defenestration must be the solution to the scourge of no-balls.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry I do not know Peter Fulton. However, I think that too slow bowling should be outlawed. And when a ball bounced twice, it should be no-ball. And too many no-balls and wide-balls must be punished (sorry I am not very familiar with the Laws around here).
You would ban too slow bowling? There goes my comeback.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Uniforms of Test and Limited-Over Cricket

Could you tell me why only white uniforms are allowed in Tests?

I do not know the reason, but having white uniforms is not bad--when there is colour clash, the away side can wear white uniforms.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Come on, everyone knows its a patriarchal conspiracy to get women back into the laundry. Big Laundry can't compete with socially-embedded free domestic labour. Washers of the world unite, you have nothing to lose but your bleach!

(Currently sitting in an economics lecture delivered by a Marxist scholar, not that you could tell)

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Actually, the white fabric reflects a large proportion of the visible spectrum of EM waves produced by the sun resulting in less energy being absorbed by the fabric and converted to heat. This means the individual wearing the garment requires less evaporation of bodily fluid to maintain a stable body temperature of 38 degrees Celsius.

translation - wearing white means unfit ****s don't shrivel up like raisins
sciencebitch.jpg

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Actually, the white fabric reflects a large proportion of the visible spectrum of EM waves produced by the sun resulting in less energy being absorbed by the fabric and converted to heat. This means the individual wearing the garment requires less evaporation of bodily fluid to maintain a stable body temperature of 38 degrees Celsius.

translation - wearing white means unfit ****s don't shrivel up like raisins
sciencebitch.jpg
Then why not shorts?

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
According to the Laws of Cricket, the number of balls of 1 over is 6 or 8. For the aim of differentiation and shortening game time, 1 over should be 8 balls in Test Cricket.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lokes -

I propose that one ball per over (the 5th) should be worth double runs and double wickets.

What say you?

ajdude

International Coach
how would 8 ball overs reduce time? would you also propose one minute intervals between deliveries? Pls answer :)