• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lokomotiv's Proposed Changes to Cricket

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'd retained it subconsciously I think. I remember finding it funny and Simpsonesque.

Hooksey

Banned
I have memories of a interstate limited overs competition some years ago in Australia where the teams when fielding wore shorts. I think Merv Hughes was still running around at the time playing for the Canberra Comets, or whatever they were called?

Last edited:

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Instead of asking each question as it comes to you, I think you ought to write them all down and draw up a complete manifesto. Just remember to credit CW when you pitch it to the MCC.
I have some questions.
In bowling, is a ball more than 2 bounds legal or illegal?

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
type into google laws of cricket. It will take you to the mcc home page, I am pretty sure the laws govern this question.

Quick answers to your questions are that willow is used. I don't know what you mean by condensed bats.

As for baseball bats cbf answering. :ph34r:
Condensed bats were used in Baseball several decades ago. At that time condensed bats (strongly pressured and harder than normal ones) were believed to have more repellent force.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Condensed bats were used in Baseball several decades ago. At that time condensed bats (strongly pressured and harder than normal ones) were believed to have more repellent force.
Well I preferred condensed milk, and I reckon along with irn bru, that is the greatest momentum your country possesses.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
World Cricket League and World Test Championship

I propose changes about the World Cricket League.
Firstly, in the WCL, every team meets twice. So, the WCL should be done on the Home & Away basis (currently not).
The toss must be abolished--the away side should have the right to choose batting first or fielding first.

And I propose a new international comptetition--World Test Championship. Since 10 countries have Test status now, every team meets twice on the Home & Away basis in 2 years. So 18 games are played. The toss must be abolished--the away side should have the right to choose batting first or fielding first.
By using DL Method Calculator, draw should be abolished.

Any opinion?

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Some interesting points. The toss abolishment is something that I wouldn't be completely against, I think it has merits in theory.
DL use in a test match is not something I agree with, on the face of it. What's your basis behind the DL use? It would destroy something like 10 overs left in a match with only 2-3 wickets in hand. That's a good test match that a team effectively loses in essence. Or am I as usual missing the point? :unsure:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The draw is a part of test match cricket, and often draws are some of the most tense matches played, people who advocate for draws to be stopped obviously don't follow or support test cricket all that much. The only way to stop the tame draw is to not get ****ty weather as well as preparing sporting pitches.

Overall, not horrible suggestions, but the fact is that it is better for some teams to play each other more than others, and that is the main flaw in the proposed system - teams play each other equally.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Loko, why do you keep posting your proposed rule changes to the game here??? Who the **** here can do anything with them??

I suggest you send these fantastic ideas to the ICC. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm certain this guy is a troll, he must be, I mean, how about that time he directed Benchy to a wiki page he linked to asnwer his question (even though the question was asked in a rather insincere manner), despite the fact that he himself will post questions all the damn time in spite of being told hundreds of times to look it up himself. The guy is surely having a laugh, I mean, ffs, Backlash made a better contribution to CW than this guy.