• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lokomotiv's Proposed Changes to Cricket

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yes I would be thrilled to keep fielding for another 40 overs in a two day match after I had already lost.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
World Test Championship

Now 10 teams have the Test status. So, 10 teams play Tests in the Home & Away format (18 games) in 2 years. That should be called the "World Test Championship" or so.
What do you think about that?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Now 10 teams have the Test status. So, 10 teams play Tests in the Home & Away format (18 games) in 2 years. That should be called the "World Test Championship" or so.
What do you think about that?
We have had a couple of threads on this - no one could propose a suitable format - and the ICC hasn't managed to come up with a format for it either. Spell out your ideas and I will read them with interest.

Give an example of your schedule. Is it one home game and one away game against each team?

Sounds logistically awkward.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
We have had a couple of threads on this - no one could propose a suitable format - and the ICC hasn't managed to come up with a format for it either. Spell out your ideas and I will read them with interest.

Give an example of your schedule. Is it one home game and one away game against each team?

Sounds logistically awkward.
Thank you for your response. I do not know very much about the Cricket calendar, so I cannot propose suitable schedule for Tests, ODIs, World T20, Club Cricket etc.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
In the league competitions, games do not end when the batting second side won the game. The batting second side must play until all overs end or all out, because in the case of same wins, point difference is used to decide the ranking.
Of course. Why wouldn't you keep playing after you win.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
You would probably to do something like this.

Group A
Australia
New Zealand

Group B
South Africa
Zimbabwe

Group C
Group C.1
India
Sri Lanka
Group C.2
Bangladesh
Pakistan

Group D
England
West Indies

In October-November
Group D play a Test at both venues in Group B
Group C.2 play a Test at both venues in Group B
Zim play in SA

In November-December
Group C.1 play at both venues in Group A
Group B play at both venues in Group A
Aus play in NZ

Jan/February/March
Group A play 4 matches in Group C
Group D play at both venues in Group C.2
Group C.2 play at C1
Ind @ SL
Bang @ Pak

Mar/Apr
Eng play in WI
Group B playat both venues Group D
Group C.1 play at both venues Group D

Oct/Nov
Group A play a test at both venues Group B
Group C.1 play a test at both venues Group B
SA play in Zim

Nov/Dec
Group C.2 play a Test at both Group A venues
Group D play a Test at both venues Group A
NZ play in Aus

Jan/Feb/Mar
Group B play 4 matches at Group C
Group D play a match at both venues Group C.1
Group C.1 @ Group C.2
SL @ Ind
Pak @ Bang

Mar/Apr
WI play in Eng
Group A play @ Group D
Group C.2 play @ Group D

FINAL 3 MATCHES (team on top of the table gets 2 home matches)

Biggest Issue is grouping WI and Eng.

BTW, I would use the Sheffield Shield model where its 2 points for first innings points, 6 points total (regardless of claiming first innings) for a win.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've stuffed up the sub continental teams a bit. Need a minute or two to work that out properly.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
You would probably to do something like this.

Group A
Australia
New Zealand

Group B
South Africa
Zimbabwe

Group C
Group C.1
India
Sri Lanka
Group C.2
Bangladesh
Pakistan

Group D
England
West Indies

In October-November
Group D play a Test at both venues in Group B
Group C.2 play a Test at both venues in Group B
Zim play in SA

In November-December
Group C.1 play at both venues in Group A
Group B play at both venues in Group A
Aus play in NZ

Jan/February/March
Group A play 4 matches in Group C
Group D play at both venues in Group C.2
Group C.2 play at C1
Ind @ SL
Bang @ Pak

Mar/Apr
Eng play in WI
Group B playat both venues Group D
Group C.1 play at both venues Group D

Oct/Nov
Group A play a test at both venues Group B
Group C.1 play a test at both venues Group B
SA play in Zim

Nov/Dec
Group C.2 play a Test at both Group A venues
Group D play a Test at both venues Group A
NZ play in Aus

Jan/Feb/Mar
Group B play 4 matches at Group C
Group D play a match at both venues Group C.1
Group C.1 @ Group C.2
SL @ Ind
Pak @ Bang

Mar/Apr
WI play in Eng
Group A play @ Group D
Group C.2 play @ Group D

FINAL 3 MATCHES (team on top of the table gets 2 home matches)

Biggest Issue is grouping WI and Eng.

BTW, I would use the Sheffield Shield model where its 2 points for first innings points, 6 points total (regardless of claiming first innings) for a win.
No, I do not suggest such thing. I suggest every team meets twice (Home & Away), 18 games in 2 years.

And I think that the home side should be given chance to choose batting first or second in the Home & Away competitions.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
No, I do not suggest such thing. I suggest every team meets twice (Home & Away), 18 games in 2 years.
Oh well clearly you saying that is much more superior to me actually taking the time to create a realistic schedule which is 18 games in total over a two year period.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
I cannot understand why the number of outs are not counted in runs in the limited-over games. And even in Tests, the number of outs should be counted because there is declaration.

BeeGee

International Captain
I cannot understand why the number of outs are not counted in runs in the limited-over games. And even in Tests, the number of outs should be counted because there is declaration.
How much Four Loko do you drink in a day?

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
In limited-over games, there are Batsmen who do not bat.
In that case, 1 over should be given for them.
If a 50-over innings ended with 7 outs, there are 2 Batsmen who have not bat.
So 2 overs should be added. The striker when the 50the over ended is replaced by the 10th Batsman, and bat 1 over. Then the 11th Batsman bats 1 over.
What do you think?