• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Zimbabwe, 2013

cricman

International 12th Man
Because Somebody had to do it

Wed Apr 17 - Sun Apr 21
08:00 GMT | 10:00 local
04:00 EDT | 03:00 CDT | 01:00 PDT

1st Test - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Harare Sports Club

Thu Apr 25 - Mon Apr 29
08:00 GMT | 10:00 local
04:00 EDT | 03:00 CDT | 01:00 PDT

2nd Test - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Harare Sports Club

Fri May 3
07:30 GMT | 09:30 local
03:30 EDT | 02:30 CDT | 00:30 PDT

1st ODI - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo

Sun May 5

2nd ODI - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh

Wed May 8

3rd ODI - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh

Sat May 11
11:30 GMT | 13:30 local
07:30 EDT | 06:30 CDT | 04:30 PDT

1st T20I - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh

Sun May 12
11:30 GMT | 13:30 local
07:30 EDT | 06:30 CDT | 04:30 PDT

2nd T20I - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
1st Test Starts in a few days ... I hope don't embarass ourselves again

Chubb

International Regular
Good chance in home conditions - but Bangladesh may not make the same mistake they did last time. Think Zim's pace attack is better than Banglas - batting not so much.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't know whether I should support Bangladesh because them winning comprehensively would help the cause for new test nations down the line, or Zimbabwe on a account of the fact them winning would help prove their are getting it together again after all the problems they've had

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I agree with Chubb, Zimbabwe's pace attack is better than ours and Jarvis is in good form too. It should be a good contest.

Shakib is back but he will bat only in the first test.

Squad: Mushfiqur Rahim (c & wk), Tamim Iqbal, Jahurul Islam, Mohammad Ashraful, Shakib Al Hasan, Mahmudullah, Mominul Haque, Nasir Hossain, Sohag Gazi, Rubel Hossain, Shahadat Hossain, Shahriar Nafees, Enamul Haque, Robiul Islam, Sajidul Islam.

Challis

U19 12th Man
There's no doubt that Zimbabwe's pacers are better than BD's, it's not even close. On the other hand I would rate BD's batsmen higher than their rivals and they definitely have the better spinners.
I think the pitch will ultimately decide the fate of this Test series.
A lively bouncy pitch would give the Zimbabwe pacers the edge to win the game, anything else would be to BD's advantage.
I don't think the BD batsmen have the mental toughness to withstand decent pacers on a green pitch, they are too used to the flat pitches back home. The BD pacers wouldn't look threatening even on a lively, green pitch, the overs would consist of plenty of long hops and half volleys with only one or two decent balls. I'd love to be proved wrong but I just don't see it.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
I suspect Bangladesh will win the series if Zimbabwe's batsmen play spin like they did against the Windies. Zimbabwe's batting line up looks a lot weaker without Mawoyo and Ervine. I would think Raza will debut to open with Sibanda and possibly Mutumbami if Zimbabwe only want to use Taylor as a batsman.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Maruma, Mutumbami, Chigumbura, Meth and Shingi Masakadza are in the side. Happy with Meth and Shingi getting in the side. Little surprised Zimbabwe didn't stick with Chatara. He held his own in the Windies. I don't know what Chigumbura has done to get back in the side but I guess if he performs he adds depth in the batting and another option with the ball. Batting for mine is too light. Hope Meth has a big game

stumpski

International Captain
Don't know whether I should support Bangladesh because them winning comprehensively would help the cause for new test nations down the line, or Zimbabwe on a account of the fact them winning would help prove their are getting it together again after all the problems they've had
Yeah, not sure who to root for either (although I'd always go for Bangers at home, even against England, because they have such fantastic supporters). 1-1 I suppose.

Very slow going for Zim batsmen in the first session. Been a while since Enamul Haque played.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Taylor is the key in this Test match you'd think. I'm going for Bangladesh but always nervous with them batting last.

stumpski

International Captain
Zimbabwe 190-3, looking pretty good now. With Shakib unable to bowl, why wait 79 overs to use Mahmudullah? Taylor is closing on 1000 Test runs, hardly his fault it's taken the best part of 9 years.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
4/217 at stumps. Overall a good day for Zimbabwe. May have been a different story without the Taylor/Waller partnership. Taylor really needed this big innings after a poor Windies tour. Hopefully he can keep going with the tail tomorrow. 350 would be a good first innings total from here.

stumpski

International Captain
38 added and a couple of wickets in the first hour - Taylor seems to be having trouble with his timing though, he's only added 11 to his score. Says a lot about Bangladesh's resources that they have an opening bowler averaging 74 playing in his 16th Test. Will Mortaza ever play Tests again?

stumpski

International Captain
Hmmm ... the supposedly not-fully-fit Shakib is bowling, while Mahmudullah, with 28 Test wickets including a 5-for, remains ignored. This stand is assuming dangerous value now - surely something different is needed, Ashraful maybe?