Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Bangladesh in Zimbabwe, 2013

Also, what was the deal with Ashraful not wanting to leave the crease in the first innings? In the commentary box they said he may have thought it was a no all for height but it was a **** **** to a tummy high ball. If that really is the reason then he is a clown.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    "The batting performance in Harare had no similarity with that in Sri Lanka," said Jalal Yunus, the BCB's media committee chairman.

That's because, unlike Sri Lanka in that series, Zimbabwe have a competent seam bowling attack and have produced a Test standard pitch.
    Yeah, because every pitch that takes turn is sub-standard, I'm sick of these ridiculous opinions people have about pitches in that that don't favour the quicks are bad pitches. Unless you're talking about Galle being too flat, but you have to remember that it was ICC sanctioned not long ago for being a rank turner.
    There are two colours in my head

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    Unless you're talking about Galle being too flat
    Which I was.

Jalal Yunus seems to be in stunned shock that the batsmen filled their boots on a ridiculous road of a surface and then struggled against a competent seam attack on a fair wicket. And that's funny.

I've got no beef with turners.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Losing a game is not ideal, especially as it was a game a lot of people may have expected us to win. But if you actually look at the record of Zimbabwe in their own country, they have performed quite well, so I don't understand why people seem to be very upset- Shane Jurgensen
    It's not that people are upset only because we lost, it's because the way we lost
    Last edited by AndyZaltzHair; 24-04-2013 at 11:42 AM.
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyZaltzHair View Post
    It's not that people are upset only because we lost, it's because the way we lost
    Exactly - first they let Zimbabwe get 380 when they probably should have kept them down to about 300, then after a promising start they capitulated on the third day. They were just chasing the game from that point.

Anyway 2nd Test starts tomorrow, Shakib will supposedly be playing a full part this time (so expect him to have to bowl 60+ overs).

Anyway 2nd Test starts tomorrow, Shakib will supposedly be playing a full part this time (so expect him to have to bowl 60+ overs)

Yeah, and expect Sohag Gazi to bowl about 10...

Zimbabwe have won the toss and bowled - interesting, if Bangladesh can show some fight and put a decent first innings total on, the their spinners might come into play...

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Maruma is out with a knee injury with Chakabva coming into the side and will probably open with Sibanda. Not expecting much from Regis, but Sibanda and Hamilton really need to step up in this game. I don't want to see Taylor coming in at 2/20 odd

Not been watching this but Jarvis's figures are a bit of a contrast to his first test effort - having an off day?

International Debutant
    Well he can't complain about the pitch being a road as Meth has 1/14 off the same no. of overs.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    Anyway 2nd Test starts tomorrow, Shakib will supposedly be playing a full part this time (so expect him to have to bowl 60+ overs)

Yeah, and expect Sohag Gazi to bowl about 10...
    And Nasir Hossain about five ...

They do well on FB don't they, the Bangla boys - over 3,200 people 'like' Nasir, a number 7 who's sent down 100 overs in nine Tests, although this is hardly the ideal arena for 'bits and pieces' players. His nearest equivalent from England, James Tredwell, has 66 'likes,' Which, tbf, is about 60 more than he has on here.

Heh, just noticed Cremer finished them off with 4 for 4 in the first game. Doesn't seem to have been mentioned here or even on Cricinfo, but it appears to be the cheapest four-for in Test history! Bowling records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Better batting effort than last game but batsmen mostly threw their wickets away. Zim dropped couple of catches though.

Mushfiq goes now. We are in trouble again.

Zia playing test must be a nightmare

Never heard of him before today, but it appears he can bat a bit - even if he's no Abul Hassan. I think Bangladesh would have taken 300 at the start of the day, for one thing it's more than they managed in two innings last time and they have the potential to add another 50 or so. Not a bad position to be in bowling last.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information