• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Heaven XI vs Earth XI

Satyanash89

Banned
If you have Warne and Murali available you pick both. Especially as The Garden of Eden and Eden Gardens both take spin.

Heaven
1. Hobbs
2. Headley
3. Bradman
4. Walcott
5. Grace
6. Hammond
7. Grout
8. Marshall
9. Larwood
10.Trueman
11.O'Reilly

Earth
1. Gavaskar
2. Richards(B)
3. Richards(V)
4. Tendulkar
5. Lara
6. Sobers
7. Gilchrist
8. Warne
9. Lillee
10.Hadlee
11.Murali
Prefer it the way it was. Walcott from everyone I have spoken to who actually saw him keep wicket was a very good keeper and I believe the best batsmen of the 3 W's.
This is very similar to the Prior vs ABdV debate, really
Walcott didnt quite perform the role of keeper-batsmen enough, and while he was the superior batsman, Ames has to be the pick for keeper-batsman

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
This is very similar to the Prior vs ABdV debate, really
Walcott didnt quite perform the role of keeper-batsmen enough, and while he was the superior batsman, Ames has to be the pick for keeper-batsman
Why have you quoted my team? Wally Grout is my keeper not Walcott.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Second XIs

Heaven

Trumper
Sutcliffe
Weekes
Worrell (c)
Compton
Rhodes
Cameron (wk)
Spofforth
Larwood
Loahmann
Grimmett

Earth

Hayden
Greenidge
Ponting
Kallis
Border (c)
Botham
Knott (wk)
Holding
Murali
Garner
Donald
Somehow missed this as well, but, Weekes is still alive, mate.

Please somebody, show me a team that can stand up to Murali and Warne bowling in tandem on Day 5.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Somehow missed this as well, but, Weekes is still alive, mate.

Please somebody, show me a team that can stand up to Murali and Warne bowling in tandem on Day 5.
Warne didn't do very well with a good aggressive spinner at the other end. He preferred to bowl with the likes of Tim May....

Flametree

International 12th Man
now here is a match I would kill to watch... Australian Heaven vs Earth :

Ponsford
Woodfull
Bradman
McCabe
Trumper
Miller
Murdoch *
Lindwall
Grimmett
O'Reilly
Turner

vs

Simpson
Hayden
Harvey
Ponting
Chappell G
Border
Gilchrist *
Davidson
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

bagapath

International Captain
now here is a match I would kill to watch... Australian Heaven vs Earth :

Ponsford
Woodfull
Bradman
McCabe
Trumper
Miller
Murdoch *
Lindwall
Grimmett
O'Reilly
Turner

vs

Simpson
Hayden
Harvey
Ponting
Chappell G
Border
Gilchrist *
Davidson
Warne
Lillee
McGrath
The four pronged attack of the living XI is good enough to lead the all time world XI. Lillee McGrath Davidson Warne is a divine combo.

Satyanash89

Banned
The four pronged attack of the living XI is good enough to lead the all time world XI. Lillee McGrath Davidson Warne is a divine combo.
That would incidentally be my attack for an AT Aussie XI. The two best fast bowlers by some distance, the best spinner and a high quality left-arm all rounder... perfect balance

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Better balance than two leg spinnners and weakening that batting to include Miller, but that would never happen.