• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Heaven XI vs Earth XI

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Heaven XI
1. Hobbs
2. Hutton
3. Bradman
4. Headley
5. Hammond
6. Walcott
7. Miller
8. Lindwall
9. Marshall
10. Barnes
11. O'Reilly

Earth XI
1. Gavaskar
2. Simpson
3. Lara
4. Tendulkar
5. Chappell
6. Sobers
7. Gilchrist
8. Imran
9. Hadlee
10. Ambrose
11. Murali

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
If you have Warne and Murali available you pick both. Especially as The Garden of Eden and Eden Gardens both take spin.

Heaven
1. Hobbs
2. Headley
3. Bradman
4. Walcott
5. Grace
6. Hammond
7. Grout
8. Marshall
9. Larwood
10.Trueman
11.O'Reilly

Earth
1. Gavaskar
2. Richards(B)
3. Richards(V)
4. Tendulkar
5. Lara
6. Sobers
7. Gilchrist
8. Warne
9. Lillee
10.Hadlee
11.Murali

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you had to pick the home pitch that gives that Earth XI the biggest edge, which would it be?

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Heaven XI
1. Hobbs
2. Hutton
3. Bradman
4. Headley
5. Hammond
6. Walcott
7. Miller
8. Lindwall
9. Marshall
10. Barnes
11. O'Reilly

Earth XI
1. Gavaskar
2. Richards
3. Richards
4. Tendulkar
5. Lara
6. Sobers
7. Gilchrist
8. Imran
9. Warne
10. Ambrose
11. Mcgrath

Satyanash89

Banned
If you have Warne and Murali available you pick both.
I'm rapidly shifting to this school of thought too... They both did brilliantly regardless of the pitch or conditions. Would be an absolute nightmare for the opposition in the second innings. Two quicks + Murali,Warne + One All rounder would be an absolutely deadly combination.
Unless they come up against an India XI, you'd put their money on winning quite comfortably

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't agree, even when Australia had Mcgill and Warne available they only played both on full turners. At least three fast bowlers has been the recipe for success since covered pitches and as good as Murali was at home, outside the sub continent would prefer a third fast bowler practiced in the art of reverse swing. In the sub continent might consider it.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
MacGill is hardly Murali.

Anyway if the match was on Earth the best place to give the home side a small advantage would be Lords as the dead XI could be distracted by a fairy story about the possibility of a cure.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would have loved to find a place for Worrell in there.
I considered Worrell for Miller myself actually but eventually settled on Miller because of the question marks over what type of bowler Barnes was. Wanted three genuine pace bowlers if I could manage it and I sure as hell wasn't leaving Barnes or O'Reilly out.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Heaven XI
1. Hobbs
2. Hutton
3. Bradman
4. Headley
5. Hammond
6. Ames
7. Miller
8. Lindwall
9. Marshall
10. Barnes
11. O'Reilly
Brilliant combo. I struggle with Walcott being keeper though. Replace him with Ames and lose very little.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Prefer it the way it was. Walcott from everyone I have spoken to who actually saw him keep wicket was a very good keeper and I believe the best batsmen of the 3 W's.