• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cross handed All Time Test XI

pskov

International 12th Man
England only team

Marcus Trescothick
Brian Luckhurst
Denis Compton
David Gower
Mark Butcher
Wilfred Rhodes
Jack Russell+
Hedley Verity
Derek Underwood
James Anderson
Brian Statham

All players have taken a test wicket, except Jack Russell, who took one first-class wicket with his right arm off-breaks.

pskov

International 12th Man
For Australia

Mark Taylor*
Bob Cowper
Neil Harvey
Charles Macartney
Michael Clarke
Michael Hussey
Greg Matthews
Rod Marsh+
James Pattinson
Bill O'Reilly
Nathan Bracken

Cowper pushed up to open out of lack of alternate options. Rod Marsh took one first-class wicket bowling right arm off-breaks (Gilchrist hasn't taken a FC or List A wicket in his career).

Would be a good Ashes contest between these two teams. Australia with a formidable batting line up, but England with more bowling fire power.

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
England only team

Marcus Trescothick
Brian Luckhurst
Denis Compton
David Gower
Mark Butcher
Wilfred Rhodes
Jack Russell+
Hedley Verity
Derek Underwood
James Anderson
Brian Statham

All players have taken a test wicket, except Jack Russell, who took one first-class wicket with his right arm off-breaks.
For Australia

Mark Taylor*
Bob Cowper
Neil Harvey
Charles Macartney
Michael Clarke
Michael Hussey
Greg Matthews
Rod Marsh+
James Pattinson
Bill O'Reilly
Nathan Bracken

Cowper pushed up to open out of lack of alternate options. Rod Marsh took one first-class wicket bowling right arm off-breaks (Gilchrist hasn't taken a FC or List A wicket in his career).

Would be a good Ashes contest between these two teams. Australia with a formidable batting line up, but England with more bowling fire power.
Nice work mate:cool: Even contest, home ground advantage and the wicket may decide the winner

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Of current players, the aofrementioned Anderson is a good shout and Stuart Broad qualifies too. Thinking back, I may be imagining it but didn't Sidebottom bowl right-handed?

Not saying any of them make the ATXI just thinking of recent players from my team that actually qualify

archie mac

International Coach
Of current players, the aofrementioned Anderson is a good shout and Stuart Broad qualifies too. Thinking back, I may be imagining it but didn't Sidebottom bowl right-handed?

Not saying any of them make the ATXI just thinking of recent players from my team that actually qualify
Jack Gregory is certainly one who would make the Australian team. Still has the fastest 100, was a fine fast bowler and one of the best ever slippers.

kingkallis

International Coach
Gilly is the obvious keeper.. he seemed throw right handed..
In that case, this team looks fabulous :

1. Greame Smith
2. Frank Worrell
3. Charlie Macartney
4. Denis Compton
5. Micheal Clarke
6. Clive Lloyd ( c )
7. Adam Gilchrist ( + )
8. Richard Hadlee
9. Bill O'Reilly
10. Curtly Ambrose
11. James Anderson / Zaheer Khan / Mohammad Asif