• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar slips out of top 10 in Test ratings

iamdavid

International Debutant
Re: Re: Tendulkar slips out of top 10 in Test ratings

Richard said:
Just yet another indication of the ludicrousy of the rankings.
If many people really doubt Tendulkar is the best batsman of today, I'll be surprised, and if anyone doubts he's not in the top 10 I'll eat my computer.
I consider Brian Charles Lara to be the best batsman in the world today.
But yes , Tendulkar #2 , & certainly in the top 10.

iamdavid

International Debutant
:O :O :O

Gilchrist's strike rate in tests in 2003 = 94.97

Thats a phenomanal ODI SR , unheard of in tests

:O :O :O

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Re: Re: Tendulkar slips out of top 10 in Test ratings

Richard said:
Just yet another indication of the ludicrousy of the rankings.
If many people really doubt Tendulkar is the best batsman of today, I'll be surprised, and if anyone doubts he's not in the top 10 I'll eat my computer.
They are the most realistic rankings around at the moment (although that doesn't say much)

I invite you to create more realistic rankings

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Re: Re: Re: Tendulkar slips out of top 10 in Test ratings

halsey said:
They are the most realistic rankings around at the moment (although that doesn't say much)

I invite you to create more realistic rankings
They rank form... not quality. Simple as that. They excel at what they do.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A few invitations to "invent a better system".
My suggestion - don't try to do something that's not possible to do. What a ridiculous idea, to try and rank every single batsman and bowler considered a "current" player in an exact order.
Some people might like the idea, but it's not a realistic one.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard said:
A few invitations to "invent a better system".
My suggestion - don't try to do something that's not possible to do. What a ridiculous idea, to try and rank every single batsman and bowler considered a "current" player in an exact order.
Some people might like the idea, but it's not a realistic one.
No one is forcing the system down your throat. You don't have to regard it, you don't have to like it, you don't have to accept it. It's just there for those who wish to acknowledge it.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Re: Re: Re: Tendulkar slips out of top 10 in Test ratings

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Tendulkar has done nothing to suggest that he is in form.
Too true. Outscored by Murali this year, and Murali has a better avg.!:lol: