• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Martin Kent

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Good article and research

Kent was a very talented player who would have played a lot of test cricket if not for injury and one only needs to look at the competition (or lack thereof) in Oz for middle order spots during the mid-80s for evidence
Wrong.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I saw his Test debut at Edgbaston and in the first innings he certainly looked a good prospect. In the second innings when Australia only needed 150 odd he came in at 80 odd for 4 and saw wickets tumble around him and became a bag of nerves and was bowled by Botham 9th wicket down.
(That maybe wrong too Sledge old son - check CricInfo for me.)

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Poor old garethb will probably log in and see all these replies to his article and open the thread in anticipation of some carefully thought out dialogue.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Anyone who opens a thread and sees that I've posted in it ought to know better than to proceed tbh.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Good point, I'll amend that statement slightly.
Poor old garethb will probably log in and see all these replies to his article and open the thread in anticipation of some carefully thought out dialogue unless the "last post by" column shows sledger in which case he'll probably eat his own liver.