• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Commentators

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
I know there are those who are his big fans and he is not one of the worse students of the game but he has to be the worst specimen let loose on the cricketing public...Navjot Singh Sidhu :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:
:laugh: :laugh:

I liked his jokes whenever I heard him (and especially the way he tells them) , but I guess if he repeats the same jokes and hearing them over and over can become annoying. :laugh:

BTW , Mingster your avatar is a shocker Mate!! :-O

Craig

World Traveller
I don't mind Michael Atherton.

Is Michael Slater still commentating over in England on C4?

If so, I find him really enjoyable.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
:laugh: :laugh:

I liked his jokes whenever I heard him (and especially the way he tells them) , but I guess if he repeats the same jokes and hearing them over and over can become annoying. :laugh:

BTW , Mingster your avatar is a shocker Mate!! :-O
Its okay to hear a joke , once in a while, in between watching a cricket game but if I really was wanting to see jokers in action I would go to the circus or watch one of the many slapstick (but les corny than Sidhu) comedies. However, when I watch cricket, its mainly cricket that I wish to concentrate on.

Wit has to be spontaneous/natural and inconspicuous - not forced and contrived and pushed down your ears/eyes by loud words, bad english and wild gesticulations.

amolvaidya79

Cricket Spectator
I totally disagree to U

Tim said:
I cannot stand Tony Grieg.
:@

Tony Grieg is the best cricket commentator due to his splendid oratory & his flow. He brings any game alive. I just admire him as greatest commentator of all times.

:)

Craig

World Traveller
amolvaidya79 said:
:@

Tony Grieg is the best cricket commentator due to his splendid oratory & his flow. He brings any game alive. I just admire him as greatest commentator of all times.

:)
Personally I can't stand him.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Personally I can't stand him.
Sometimes , our opinions of a commentator are also influenced by whetehr he 'agrees' with our own ideas (fixed usually) and how he speaks of our heroes and villains . We may not like to admit it but its often true. Anyone who agrees with us is right and is knowledeable :sleep:

Deja moo

International Captain
Legglancer said:
Richie Benaud ..... Bob Willis, Ian Botham, Ranjit Fernand, Shastri, Rameez all are crap IMO

Certainly not Benaud mate. And Botham comews across as boring rather that crap. The rest are crap, I agree , especially Shastri .

Even Harsha bhogle is going downhill. Nowadays all he does is spend his time licking the boots of the ex-player commentators. How about commenting on the game for a change ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
Certainly not Benaud mate. And Botham comews across as boring rather that crap. The rest are crap, I agree , especially Shastri .

Even Harsha bhogle is going downhill. Nowadays all he does is spend his time licking the boots of the ex-player commentators. How about commenting on the game for a change ?[/QUOTE]

Never a truer word. He gives the impression that if he didnt lick up to them he would lose his job :huh:

Joao_Quinto

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
SJS said:
Sometimes , our opinions of a commentator are also influenced by whetehr he 'agrees' with our own ideas (fixed usually) and how he speaks of our heroes and villains . We may not like to admit it but its often true. Anyone who agrees with us is right and is knowledeable :sleep:
With that in mind I have to say that Chappelli is the best as he always seems to agree with me, but isn't real interesting.

Richie is the best for chacter and kwnoledge, well he was before he went all senile (know idea how to spell that)

Bill is an absolute laugh when watching a Victorian game and sometimes i think that Billy birmingham isn't exhadurating at all

I like Holding coz of the way the other commentators call him Mikey

Athers, sanjay, tony greig, slats, Ian smith are all pretty good

Nicholas, Jones and Maxwell must disagree with me a lot coz I dont like them

I think that O'keefe should give ample warning before saying something he might find humerous because his laugh hurts.

And who is that indian fellow with a high pitched voice, whoever it is, I actually can not comprehend his dialect