Cricket Player Manager
Page 92 of 293 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 4384
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: ***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

Quote Originally Posted by burr View Post
    I don't mind Geoffrey Boycott as a commentator but I cant stand the way he constantly refers to England as 'we'. Stop it!
    I don't mind that at all. An ex England cricketer and presumably now a supporter of English cricket......I don't think anyone is ever in any doubt who's side Sir Geoffrey is on when he commentates.

That sort of bias I can handle, so long as his reporting of proceedings is balanced and even. Boycott gets that right for mine, no one rips into England harder than him when deserved.

Where biased commentary goes wrong is when you have someone like Healy in the box, it's like there is only one team on the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    I don't mind that at all. An ex England cricketer and presumably now a supporter of English cricket......I don't think anyone is ever in any doubt who's side Sir Geoffrey is on when he commentates.

That sort of bias I can handle, so long as his reporting of proceedings is balanced and even. Boycott gets that right for mine, no one rips into England harder than him when deserved.

Where biased commentary goes wrong is when you have someone like Healy in the box, it's like there is only one team on the park.
    You're kidding right?

You're talking about Geoffrey Boycott. The guy who refuses to recognise the fact that NZ actually played better than England across 3 tests. The guy who continues to call NZ's bowling attack workmanlike and is still talking about England's "complacency" rather than giving credit to the opposition.

Bumble is great. Boycott is one of the most one-eyed analysts out there.

Any journalist or pundit who uses the word complacent should be sacked immediately. Horrible word, does great disservice to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    You're kidding right?

You're talking about Geoffrey Boycott. The guy who refuses to recognise the fact that NZ actually played better than England across 3 tests. The guy who continues to call NZ's bowling attack workmanlike and is still talking about England's "complacency" rather than giving credit to the opposition.

Bumble is great. Boycott is one of the most one-eyed analysts out there.
    I didn't listen to any TMS during the last series or this test, so can't say I've heard Boycott say any of that. If he did then I certainly don't agree with him and you'd be right.....that does smack of one eyed commentary.

From my years of listening to him though he doesn't come over to me like that. Calls a spade a spade and tells it like it is.......for both teams playing.

International Debutant the big bambino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    like seriously he will never have children and will pass for a 12 year old boy for the rest of his life
    I hope he's got a good singing voice.

it's not so much during his commentary but during his pre and post series analyses that he says this crap.

Pre England in NZ, it's fair enough and is indeed calling a spade a spade.

Post that series saying the crap he was spewing was just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller Pilch View Post

Southee's figures for the last 12 months:

36 wickets in 8 tests at 22.97 best of 7/64

All-round records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo
    And that is despite 2 of those tests being very poor wickets wise.

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    So much depends on the weather IMO

Cloudy morning and fine arvo could see the Kiwis win this but reverse is also true
    That's the word.

Loving a nice low scoring test where it's actually difficult (though not impossibly so) for the batsmen to make runs.

Gonna have a love fest here.

I know we haven't won anything yet, but after what happened to us in South Africa and all the Taylor/McHesson rubbish that was swirling around, plus the fact that NZC stated they would be focusing on ODI cricket, I am so stoked at how we have performed over the last 4 tests.

Yes, our batting can be dire. Yes, we need a spinner who is better than Kane. Yes, we may still lose this test. But I'm really impressed by the way this team has turned around. We had an "NZ Doom and Gloom" thread not that long ago. It hasn't really needed to be used in recent times.

Good on youse fellas.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    I have a gut feeling whoever wins will win quite comfortably.

NZ to be 80 all out /Gambhiring
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Pity that Finn survived that lbw shout before the close. KW's wicket was awesome, but it probably also spells doom for NZ. Anything over 150 will be a nightmare to chase with Swann aiming at those footmarks. Even if we run through England for 20 or 30 runs tomorrow morning, we'd need Rutherford to get in and make a big score to have a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I have a gut feeling whoever wins will win quite comfortably.

NZ to be 80 all out /Gambhiring
    Ross doesn't make 66 in that first dig and Kane gets caught on 23 - and we would have been out for around that.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Promote Timmeh and boult to open imo
    Exit pursuing a beer

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    He's English.
    French.

Although Boycs has had sand in his vadge about NZ ever since his one crack at test captaincy ended in ignominy down there. Despite him being quite probably temperamentally the worst suited man for skippering any kind of cricket team, much less a test XI.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Highlights England v New Zealand - Day 3 Evening Session at Lord's - YouTube

Kane really feeling it apparently, giving hair-dryers to teammates in a way Kippax didn't expect...

"Brendon pulled the guys up during the drinks session and Kane gave us a few stern words. That did mean something because we were meandering along in the field."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Supercilious Solipsist View Post
    Never go full kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . AGRIBUSINESS MONITORING . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Thread Information