• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

Jezroy

State Captain
You get the impression it's do or die for Brownlie this series (even first match). Just doesn't have that aura to him I guess, despite being more reliable than Guptill. You get the impression Guptill fits in with a marketing strategy for NZ cricket while Brownlie isn't the kind of guy who is going to feature in ads with Taylor, Vettori, and McCullum for SkyTV...
As I understand it, with the mass political correctness in NZ, NZC are keen to have a disabled person in the team as much as possible.

#marty2toes

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I see you in the thread Choobaka - give us an update on Lance Dry - will he play again this season?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I would rather our team was a bunch of ****s and awesome at cricket.
Not sure why you've not been more on board with McCullum and Hesson in that case. If anyone's finally trying to do a Thatcher to 'the wets' of NZ cricket, isolating and marginalising anyone befuddled and weighed down by the more decorous, less instinctive and competitive past, it's Hesscum.

Last edited:

Jezroy

State Captain
Not sure why you've not been more on board with McCullum and Hesson in that case. If anyone's finally trying to do a Thatcher to 'the wets' of NZ cricket, isolating and marginalising anyone befuddled and weighed down by the more decorous, less instinctive and competitive past, it's Hesscum.
If we'd won all three home series against England, I suspect I would have.

And I suspect the general public would have also.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't fault, can't fault all the boys' efforts, gave it a red hot crack etc. Got Fulton, Rutherford and Wagner feeling their oats and setting up a small business extorting credulous Percy from Blackadder types, something the CW wets would've never greenlit.

Hesson's on the ball yet again, saying the new season Dukes are "slightly different" to the ones they've been training with.
http://content.radionetwork.co.nz/weekondemand/radiosport/71630.mp3

Safe to say the cantankerous era would've never been delving into something this mundane and perfunctory, yet integral to results. Nice work Hess.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
The articles of a long serving famous first grade player would be awesome.
Edit - as a wellingtonian I would be very interested in his stories.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Can't fault, can't fault all the boys' efforts, gave it a red hot crack etc. Got Fulton, Rutherford and Wagner feeling their oats and setting up a small business extorting credulous Percy from Blackadder types, something the CW wets would've never greenlit.

Hesson's on the ball yet again, saying the new season Dukes are "slightly different" to the ones they've been training with.
http://content.radionetwork.co.nz/weekondemand/radiosport/71630.mp3

Safe to say the cantankerous era would've never been delving into something this mundane and perfunctory, yet integral to results. Nice work Hess.
That's why Hesson annoys me. A lot of what he says and does backs up what we heard that he's meticulous with his attention to detail and isn't a cliche kiwi coach, but he's just as "jobs for the boys" as half the other blokes in NZ sporting organisations.

He could be such a good coach if he wasn't a lying ****.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
So McCullum will be arriving in England today. Unreasonable to suggest that he should play in tomorrow's warmup game? A 13 hour flight isn't easy to shake-off, but it'd be really good for him to get back into the middle asap, after his pointless sojourn in India. And if that means that Guptill has to miss out on an undeserved chance to make a push for the test team, well then that's just a happy consequence of McCullum's return.

Last edited:

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
That's exactly it. Good to see common sense prevail and the two of them head to England instead of sitting on the bench doing nothing in India.
But common sense has not prevailed they are still unavailable for the first warm up match. This descision should have been made 5 days ago. Especially for ross he needs as much warm up as possible to rediscover his 2012 form. He was very scratchy against england, century included.

I would also like to add that Vettori should have also left and should be playing league cricket in England, assuming that he wants to be effective at the champions trophy and regain his test spot, he has not bowled well (in any form of cricket) since he gave up the captaincy.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
But common sense has not prevailed they are still unavailable for the first warm up match. This descision should have been made 5 days ago. Especially for ross he needs as much warm up as possible to rediscover his 2012 form. He was very scratchy against england, century included.

I would also like to add that Vettori should have also left and should be playing league cricket in England, assuming that he wants to be effective at the champions trophy and regain his test spot, he has not bowled well (in any form of cricket) since he gave up the captaincy.
Welcome to CW. Seen a couple of posts from you. What city are you from?