• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Listen to Botham laughing. Reminds me of how I laughed at the **** when Lawson bowled him for a globe in 82-83.

flibbertyjibber

Brilliant ending to a cracking test match. WTF were they doing with that run out?

Broad was excellent. Hope this is the start of another great run of tests for him.

Feel for the NZ bowlers who performed superbly for nothing.

How good was that Root innings yesterday looking at what happened after he was out?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Don't worry adders, full credit to the bowlers for that one too. Nothing we could do.

edit: okay I'm now being more of a **** than normal, time to sleep it off

Last edited:

Burgey

170 run winning margin as flattering as Finn's 4-for, IMHO.

Just two bowlers used. Wowee.
Yeah, very good bowling performance that. Always good when the bowlers aim up in a situation where you're one good partnership away from an arse clenching finish.

Burgey

Also, Southee is turning into a bowler isn't he? I recall he was promising early then had a few mediocre years with injury and form. NZ are one genuinely very good top order player away from being a very decent side IMO.

flibbertyjibber

Also, Southee is turning into a bowler isn't he? I recall he was promising early then had a few mediocre years with injury and form. NZ are one genuinely very good top order player away from being a very decent side IMO.
I think they are already, maybe one top order player away from being a very very good side. They have an attack to cause any side problems. How did Finn end with more wickets than Boult in this game?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL so true Ian Smith. They spent a whole morning analysing the impact Swann would have on a wearing pitch with footmarks.

In the end Swann wasn't used.