Page 8 of 293 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: ***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Errr, this only ended about two and a half months ago.
    shows how much attention I pay to 50-over cricket
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Reminds me of 8-10 years ago England seemed determined to try every wicketkeeper in the country - including Chris 'duck' Read iirc - to become a Gilchristian opener.

Similar thought processes at work?
    Well it was, Ronchi opened for about three seasons for W.A. and Australia A, occasionally booming it. Aussies to verify but I think he probably managed a 30-35 average all told, left his team at 5/1 plenty of times within that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    We'll hopefully see, from the squad

1. L Ronchi
    2. M Guptill
    3. K Williamson
    4. R Taylor
    5. G Elliott
    6. B McCullum*+
    7. D Vettori
    8. N McCullum
    9. K Mills
    10. T Southee
    11. M McClenaghan

but I can see Mitch missing out to Ellis or Franko...
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Sad, but true. Hopefully, if those guys do come in, it'd be for NcCullum. With Vettori back, he's surplus to requirements IMO.

We'll hopefully see, from the squad

1. L Ronchi
    2. M Guptill
    3. K Williamson
    4. R Taylor
    5. G Elliott
    6. B McCullum*+
    7. D Vettori
    8. N McCullum
    9. K Mills
    10. T Southee
    11. M McClenaghan

Yeah, gotta say I would rather see Franklin in for NcCullum. Especially early season England.

Then you have 10 overs each from Vettori, Mills, Mitch, and Timmeh.

With 10 to come from out of Jimmeh, Kane, Elliot.

Not the worst squads but I agree with the general murmur here:

1. Why Andy Ellis?
    2. Why not Matt Henry?
    3. Why Ronchi opening?
    4. Why Watling dropped from ODI squad?

Ronchi>present day McCullum with gloves.
    McCullum>>>>>>>Ronchi as a batsman.

McCullum should be opening, Ronchi would make a good finisher.

Given McLenaghan was the go to man for McCullum in SA and against England I doubt it. Fitness permitting I'd say he would be one of the first picked.

Yes fair to say McCullum wubs Mitch.

"I am gutted," admitted Black Caps captain Brendon McCullum. "I think he's been a revelation for his this year.

"He has done an amazing job for us and has really allowed us to attack in areas that we probably haven't had that luxury of in recent times.

"It's incredibly disappointing for him, but at the same time, it now gives him an opportunity to rest himself up and make sure he's fresh for our next assignment."

McCullum hinted Trent Boult might be McClenaghan's replacement.

International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    Elliot is the kind of guy who can be hard to score runs off, but once batters work him out, or dont care about the risk will go for a **** load.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Yes fair to say McCullum wubs Mitch.
    Mike WILL be jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnoitsyou View Post
    Elliot is the kind of guy who can be hard to score runs off, but once batters work him out, or dont care about the risk will go for a **** load.
    I guess that is especially moreso on grounds like Seddon/McLean/Eden Park etc etc.

Stupid tiny little grounds.

Oh, God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis
    KP ruled out of the series, gonna make our middle-order pretty frail. Worrying for Pietersen too.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Kevin Pietersen ✔ @kevinpp24
    Injuries are a sportsman's worst nightmare! This one is hurting me the most..

i'm sure it is
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

England in mess at No6 but Stokes is future, says Collingwood | Mail Online

I don't disagree with Collingwood that Stokes is the future no.6 and would be ideal for England there if he can get his head screwed on right- and for that mattter england are in a bit of a mess at 6.

Then again saying that Morgan should be batting at 6 is lol bad. Why should he be in the team. He's failed at test level and doesn't play enough 4 day cricket to get back into the team. Last season he averaged less than 20 in the 5 games he played for Middlesex in the CC.

What point Collingwood is indirectly saying with the morgan stuff is that the rest of the number 6's are crap and not ready. This is probably fair. Bairstow, Taylor, Root all have decen potential but none are ready made test players and in an ideal world would still be gaining experience playing in county cricket.

Dobell at cricinfo is a massive fan of Rikki Clarke and no doubt would have Clarke in. Problem being with Clarke that he a) bats at 7 and b) is the fourth seamer and c) is 31.

If Clarke plays you've got 2 no.7's and one of Prior or Clarke will have to bat at 6. Clarke almost certainly isn't a test no.6; Prior could bat there but I'd be worried about losing some of what makes him so good.

Least with Stokes he can comfortably bat at 6 as he's batted in the top 6(normally 4 or 5) his whole career at Durham. He is now also the 3/4th seamer at Durham.

Unfortunately Stokes like Bairstow, Root, Taylor isn't ready for international cricket yet and you've gotta hope that unlike the others he is given a bit more time to develop at first class level. HIm getting send home from the lions tour should actually help in that respect as england will be wary of thrusting him into international recognition too soon.

Be really interesting to see what would happen if Prior went down with an injury before the first test. Would be interesting to see which wicketkeeper they would go with and whether it opens up an opportunity for Stokes, Woakes, Bresnan, or Clarke. Could be a load of possible combinations.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    England in mess at No6 but Stokes is future, says Collingwood | Mail Online

I don't disagree with Collingwood that Stokes is the future no.6 and would be ideal for England there if he can get his head screwed on right- and for that mattter england are in a bit of a mess at 6.

Then again saying that Morgan should be batting at 6 is lol bad. Why should he be in the team. He's failed at test level and doesn't play enough 4 day cricket to get back into the team. Last season he averaged less than 20 in the 5 games he played for Middlesex in the CC.

What point Collingwood is indirectly saying with the morgan stuff is that the rest of the number 6's are crap and not ready. This is probably fair. Bairstow, Taylor, Root all have decen potential but none are ready made test players and in an ideal world would still be gaining experience playing in county cricket.

Dobell at cricinfo is a massive fan of Rikki Clarke and no doubt would have Clarke in. Problem being with Clarke that he a) bats at 7 and b) is the fourth seamer and c) is 31.

If Clarke plays you've got 2 no.7's and one of Prior or Clarke will have to bat at 6. Clarke almost certainly isn't a test no.6; Prior could bat there but I'd be worried about losing some of what makes him so good.

Least with Stokes he can comfortably bat at 6 as he's batted in the top 6(normally 4 or 5) his whole career at Durham. He is now also the 3/4th seamer at Durham.

Unfortunately Stokes like Bairstow, Root, Taylor isn't ready for international cricket yet and you've gotta hope that unlike the others he is given a bit more time to develop at first class level. HIm getting send home from the lions tour should actually help in that respect as england will be wary of thrusting him into international recognition too soon.

Be really interesting to see what would happen if Prior went down with an injury before the first test. Would be interesting to see which wicketkeeper they would go with and whether it opens up an opportunity for Stokes, Woakes, Bresnan, or Clarke. Could be a load of possible combinations.
    Surely there is a South African player who can bat at 6 for you??

Page 8 of 293 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread Information