• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

Flem274*

123/5
Well Murali and Ajmal got away with actions that look very dubious to the naked eye.

He's going to get tested. Might pass. Seems to be a bit of a coin flip on whether the naked eye agrees with the lab gizmos atm.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
It's weird but his action actually looks pretty clean watching him in real life while being absolutely abysmal on TV. Can't quite make up my mind.

Flametree

International 12th Man
I agree - from some angles it looks like his elbow is just bent all the way through the action. But from other angles, it looks decidedly ugly.

I also can't believe NZ seamers bowl at 12 overs per hour against defensive batsmen. It's just pathetic. All these guys have played a fair amount of first class cricket where they get through 16 per over no problem. Southee in particular is just agonising to watch walk back to his mark. It's like he models himself on Kyle Mills.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm indebted to The Bouncer column in today's Observer which pointed out that the Trott/Root partnership uses only three letters of the alphabet. This must be a record, surely?

& Williamson's action is awful, obviously. But if Ajmal can juke the testers, etc, etc...

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree - from some angles it looks like his elbow is just bent all the way through the action. But from other angles, it looks decidedly ugly.

I also can't believe NZ seamers bowl at 12 overs per hour against defensive batsmen. It's just pathetic. All these guys have played a fair amount of first class cricket where they get through 16 per over no problem. Southee in particular is just agonising to watch walk back to his mark. It's like he models himself on Kyle Mills.
They almost got to 30 overs in the first session day 1, so I don't see why the over rate became so bad. Maybe it's because Trott batted for a while in both digs.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo:
10.50 Yesterday BJ Watling and Bruce Martin both picked up injuries and both left the field. Well the news is that both won't take the field today. Watling has a knee injury that was scanned overnight but there's nothing major and he'll be okay to bat. But Martin has a calf injury that is serious enough for New Zealand to say he'll only bat if required.
Bad news for Watling - hope he's alright for the second test. Really think he adds a lot to the team but in danger of being usurped by Ronchi/Latham if gets injured again, and I'm really sick of wicketkeeper musical chairs.

Jezroy

State Captain
Maaaaaaaan this is an interesting game.

Thing is, even if we need 250-260, if just one person has a blinder of an innings, with a couple of support acts, that's the win.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Broad is just having a swing here

Be really annoying if he somehow manages to survive and score a few runs

BoyBrumby

Englishman
When did Broad abandon all pretence of being a serious lower order player?

Shot a ball so far.

Ha, and defends to make a liar of me.