• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I think it would be a mistake to assume Broad genuinely thought the length he was bowling yesterday was the correct one. Even the test bowlers struggle to get their length right at times.

Flem274*

123/5
watling must be thinking this is bull****. he's had a couple of really good deliveries and KW has had a couple on his pads to start the day.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
it's very good bowling yes, but there's no reason why he couldn't have done it yesterday.

All he did was put it in the right spot.

That's difficult to do over a whole spell, or even an over, but you should be able to get at least 3/6 there as a professional.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Williamson is guaranteed a century now. Scores one every time he takes one in the goolies.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Anderson going to throw everything he has at the Kiwis right now or will he save something from the new ball? If they keep the runs down he can probably afford to hold back a little or bowl a shorter spell, I want to see Swann pretty soon as well, he deserves another decent spell if they don't collapse.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seeing as the new ball won't be available till after lunch then these two can have a good long spell and come back after a break nice and fresh. Swann will get about 8 overs before the new cherry unless NZ collapse of course.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Seeing as the new ball won't be available till after lunch then these two can have a good long spell and come back after a break nice and fresh. Swann will get about 8 overs before the new cherry unless NZ collapse of course.
Forgot about lunch, good point.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
We have to bat positively but intelligently. That means putting every ball on the stumps away for runs. And leaving everything out side off stump. I realise we just lost a wicket but we need to tick it over.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think it would be a mistake to assume Broad genuinely thought the length he was bowling yesterday was the correct one. Even the test bowlers struggle to get their length right at times.
Consistently the same wrong length strikes me as odd though. It's not like he was struggling to find his length and was all over the place; he was basically the same length all day and it was the wrong length.