• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I do have a bit of sympathy for Scaly. From what I've seen, Onions is the second best bowler in England behind Anderson. The fact that he can't make the 3rd seamers spot or even 12th man with the way Finn, Broad and recovering Bresnans and Tremletts are bowling is a bit ridiculous.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ on top, if they can get a 100 run lead I don't think England could win from there. BJ Watling will be important tomorrow, and hopefully Southee/Boult can get some quick runs at the end.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think its even stevens, despite England being at a very similar score when they were 4 down.

NZ have had the best of this Test, its only NZ's previous history and ability to collapse and England's ability to not fail in both innings of a match that makes the score appear even.
That's a fair assessment IMO. NZ in front for sure at this stage but 2 quick wickets early tonight and it swings back our way......so it is close in that respect.

So disappointed in Broad, the first few overs of his first spell looked really good and then he just served up **** for the rest of the day.

Finn and Broad need to step up, we're a one trick pony at the moment.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I think it's even because even if New Zealand gets a 50 run lead, I'm still not confident in our batting lineup to chase anything over 200.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
NZ slightly ahead, only because they have 20 overs until the 2nd new ball.

Hopefully they can get to that mark unscathed and with a lead.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
30 overs till the new ball.

Seen the highlights now. New Zealand need a big lead, because Swann is already starting to get some serious turn out of those footmarks.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
that's because you have good bowlers and poor batsmen.

Boult is better than both tbh. I think either bowler would walk into Indian, Sri Lankan, Pakistani, or English lineups right now. While not a big deal, it's been a long time since we could say that about more than one of our players. Not since Shane Bond and Daniel Vettori were still good.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
30 overs till the new ball.

Seen the highlights now. New Zealand need a big lead, because Swann is already starting to get some serious turn out of those footmarks.
You need two hours of McCullum.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
You need two hours of McCullum.
Good post.. If he does it and somehow it contributes to a win then that would be one of his greatest contributions in white clothes. Ross created the SL victory single handedly. Time to see what Baz is made of. In the what is the most important aspect of captaincy thread - I voted for the captains own performances. How many runs he scores here will have more impact on the game than any decisions he makes.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Yep, don't screw this up now. C'mon Baz. And Kaneh's due - but he's disappointed me more than not recently.

PS: Really happy to see Southee gun it ftr.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Huge first session, meant to be very cloudy first up so England have to take advantage. A clatter of wickets and this game is evenly poised, a couple of hours of McCullum batting and NZ may well be on there way to win weather permitting.