• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Also regarding speed...

The NZ bowlers were barely getting it above 83mph. What gives? Bowling within themselves? Boult was regularly hitting 140 in NZ.
Bowling it above 83mph in England is generally a waste of effort IMO.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Preferred him when he bowled a touch too full to how he is now, it might be better for One Dayers but I dfc about them.

Meridio

International Regular
****. Thought it looked out live, but was hoping it would be an 'umpires call' one.

Big job for McCullum to do now.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Always a chance of this sort of debacle when you only have 3 or 4 players who deserve to be in the side. Cook can't bail out the batting every time, Prior was bound to fail at some point, Swann's finding his way back to fitness and Anderson can't take all 10. The rest of them have been unspeakable for way too long and any side worth their salt will capitalise.

EDIT
Never fails

Last edited:

Meridio

International Regular
Hmm, I live only a few kms away from Lord's and I don't think it's any darker now than it has been for the last hour+. Anyway, good day for us, would've preferred to have only lost 3 wickets but can't complain too much. Forecast for tomorrow is much the same as today, hopefully the rain stays away.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
True but there's a bit more strength in NZ lower order I feel.

Boult could quite easily give it a bit of humpity and bash a true tailender 30.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jesus just seeing the highlights now. How the **** are they getting out to this? Playing inside and outside straight balls. Broad managing to miss a ball that shapes away a little bit by 2-4 inches. Finn planting his foot a mile outside the line of the ball. Just complete and utter garbage.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Sigh, well it was nice having an opening pair while it lasted.

I think England are actually now in a pretty strong position. New Zealand's lower order is very wobbly (although it's certainly true that Southee could whack a ridiculous 50 off 30 balls). Get McCullum out early tomorrow, and I reckon New Zealand won't get a lead.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
80 runs behind and 6 wickets in hand and I'd say you're gambhiring a bit. We defs ain't in a strong position.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Meh, I've been reading lots of media reports saying that New Zealand is on top, and I really don't think that's the case. It's evenly balanced at the moment, and (for the 2nd day in a row) the morning session tomorrow will be crucial.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Meh, I've been reading lots of media reports saying that New Zealand is on top, and I really don't think that's the case. It's evenly balanced at the moment, and (for the 2nd day in a row) the morning session tomorrow will be crucial.
Anderson factor is a big consideration. He just has that ability to take out the top two or three and in the second innings that could be the end of NZ.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England's problem is similar to ours. Got a few too many blokes in the line up who feel they're playing for their place/ to prove themselves all the time.