• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I was just about to say that it has to be absolutely perfect for it to be LBW when it's turning that much, from that angle. It's why I'd like Swann to go around the wicket a bit more than he does.
Yeah Swann always looks like he's putting the right-handers in a lot of trouble but it takes something a bit freakish or a poor shot to actually get them out. Whereas when he bowls to lefties he can get them out in all kinds of ways.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Swann puts a lot more on it when he bowls around the wicket too; pivots better and completes his action. It'd take the footmarks out of the equation though so I don't imagine he'll be doing it any time soon.
Yeah, I wasn't really suggesting he do it now. I just think he could do it more than he does in general. The last Sri Lanka tour probably being the prime example.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Wait, is McCullum supposed to be in poor form? I seem to remember him making plenty of runs when we were in New Zealand...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wait, is McCullum supposed to be in poor form? I seem to remember him making plenty of runs when we were in New Zealand...
Well I guess he's only scored 1 run on this tour, but given he's only batted once on it and has scored five fifties in his last six international innings, it was a questionable comment. :laugh:

Meridio

International Regular
Still 25 overs to bowl according to Cricinfo. Given it's 5.45 already, can't really see that happening.