• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

Spark

Global Moderator
I've enjoyed what he's said so far, but I agree. Probably easier to improve your sound than your content though.
Yeah he's actually been fairly composed and insightful beyond the standard lines and cliches, it's just that his voice is about half an octave too high.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Yeah he's actually been fairly composed and insightful beyond the standard lines and cliches, it's just that his voice is about half an octave too high.
Vaughan was like that initially on the radio before he turned into a massive tool. Can't see Strauss going the same way although you never know.

Spark

Global Moderator
Big turn out the footholes! Yayzers!
Actual footholes at Lord's yayzers, more like.

Pitch is too slow for me to call it particularly good but if it actually deteriorates then it's a clear step up from what we're used to.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Vaughan was like that initially on the radio before he turned into a massive tool. Can't see Strauss going the same way although you never know.
Yeah, no chance.

Nick Knight must be hating it though, plugs away doing nearly every county game and then the former England captain comes and take the place that seems to be automatically given to them.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Actual footholes at Lord's yayzers, more like.

Pitch is too slow for me to call it particularly good but if it actually deteriorates then it's a clear step up from what we're used to.
Yeah the pitch looked drier than usual even before play on Day 1 but I still didn't expect it to break up at all because.. well, it's Lords. Seeing those footmarks and the turn Swann just got on any other pitch Day 2 would lead me to say it was really going to turn big later on, but... well, it's Lords. I still don't actually expect it to really do anything.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, no chance.

Nick Knight must be hating it though, plugs away doing nearly every county game and then the former England captain comes and take the place that seems to be automatically given to them.
My heart bleeds for him.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, no chance.

I think the most important question is; do we think Kevin Pietersen is happier with Strauss replacing Knight? We know he hates Knight, but after what happened last summer, I doubt he has much love for Strauss at the moment.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, no chance.

Knight would have a legitimate gripe if he wasn't a terrible Test commentator.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think the most important question is; do we think Kevin Pietersen is happier with Strauss replacing Knight? We know he hates Knight, but after what happened last summer, I doubt he has much love for Strauss at the moment.
Probably depends on if Strauss actually points out Pietersen's troughs like Knight did or just blows smoke up his arse like Botham and Hussain.

Spark

Global Moderator
Odd that they're complaining about Swann's pace. Varying it heaps and slowing it down has never been his MO, giving it a rip at speed is.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I doubt the pitch will break up, but the footmarks should widen and get rougher as the match goes on, which will help Swann a bit.