• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mate, my dad is sleeping on the couch downstairs right now so I could easily wake him if I microwaved the dinner left-overs, I also just saw that damned ad, I'm so hungry.
I could heat up some leftover pizza. Just not the same though.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah it's not been good captaincy. Anderson shouldn't have been taken off in the first place and given Finn clearly wasn't bowling very well anyway; when Anderson came back on for Broad, Finn should've swapped ends rather than Jimmy.
Right on the money Prince.......you wanna job for The Land??

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Sky UK showcasing the ashes during the lunch break of day two of the first test in a NZ test series. ITSTL.
It's not interesting at all actually. It's incredibly boring.

'268/6' is considered an all caps post, so all letters in the post, including GIMH's quote, were turned into lower case
:laugh: That's actually really cool.

The bowling has been much two short since the second wicket went down...why Jimmy was taken off at his preferred end I do not know.
I assume Cook feels that Anderson can adjust to the Nursery end better than Finn can. As we only play three seamers, you've got to give one of them a shortish first spell, and it had to be Anderson so Finn could come on at his end. Usually they'd have taken Broad off.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I assume Cook feels that Anderson can adjust to the Nursery end better than Finn can. As we only play three seamers, you've got to give one of them a shortish first spell, and it had to be Anderson so Finn could come on at his end. Usually they'd have taken Broad off.
Yeah there is a logic to it but the end result is you take off your best bowler, who has just taken two wickets, far too early.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah there is a logic to it but the end result is you take off your best bowler, who has just taken two wickets, far too early.
And not only that, but the pressure is lifted momentarily, and now they won't get it back until after tea at the earliest.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Your an Aussie right?? Or one of the lucky bastards in the world like me.......lives in the sun and paradise but still gets to support the good guys??:p
I'm a bit of a plastic pom really; my mum's English and a lot of my dad's family is too but I was born here and have Australian roots a long way back too on my dad's mother's side. I support England in a lot of sports, including cricket, but I kind of abstain on the Ashes because I follow Australian cricket too and end up largely torn. My Englishness gives me a differentiating identity amongst Australians if that makes sense but I'd probably identify myself more as Australian if I did live in England.

So basically I've chosen to completely dodge the question. :ph34r:
The fact that my mates here give me **** if Australia beat England in a cricket match probably says a lot I guess.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
I'm a bit of a plastic pom really; my mum's English and a lot of my dad's family is too but I was born here and have Australian roots a long way back too on my dad's mother's side. I support England in a lot of sports, including cricket, but I kind of abstain on the Ashes because I follow Australian cricket too and end up largely torn. My Englishness gives me a differentiating identity amongst Australians if that makes sense but I'd probably identify myself more as Australian if I did live in England.

So basically I've chosen to completely dodge the question. :ph34r:
The fact that my mates here give me **** if Australia beat England in a cricket match probably says a lot I guess.
Must've been a while since they were able to give you stick then. :laugh: