• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

James

Cricket Web Owner
Stuck at work unfortunately :(

Thankfully the radio commentary is working well :)

How's the pitch playing? Good toss to win for England?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Well McCullum was apparently going to bowl anyway so the toss was irrelevant in the end. The pitch looks pretty dry by Lords standards but it's the slowest deteriorating pitch in the world so I don't think the toss will really matter too much.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone think our bowlers are only bowling at 80%? Looks it in the runups - Boult anyway. Southee bowling reasonably.

Edit: Though part of that may just be that I was watching in widescreen, which makes everything look slower.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File

Looks a good batting deck with some healthy even bounce. Kiwi bowlers getting some swing though.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great now we've got Finn unjustly playing ahead of regulars now, as well as Onions.

Pick players on merit not on the number of wickets they might end up with at the end of their career if they become a proper Test bowler.
Bull****. Bresnan has 5 wickets @ 66 at Lord's which is pathetic. It is Finn's home ground and he has 25 wickets @ 21.44 at the ground. Don't let your stupid arguments get in the way of the facts though.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Lords often just gets slower as the game progresses, and since it hardly deteriorates, it can become easier for batting. That's why a lot of captains have liked the idea of bowling first at Lords in recent years.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Well McCullum was apparently going to bowl anyway so the toss was irrelevant in the end. The pitch looks pretty dry by Lords standards but it's the slowest deteriorating pitch in the world so I don't think the toss will really matter too much.
Looks a good batting deck with some healthy even bounce. Kiwi bowlers getting some swing though.
Thanks guys :)

A fair few plays and misses to date judging by the radio, so hopefully we can pick up an early wicket or two. Sounds like we need it based on your pitch reports.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Bull****. Bresnan has 5 wickets @ 66 at Lord's which is pathetic. It is Finn's home ground and he has 25 wickets @ 21.44 at the ground. Don't let your stupid arguments get in the way of the facts though.
He's played three tests at Lords, two of which were before anyone ever thought he'd become a test bowler and one of which was after his elbow injury. If anyone thinks Bresnan is good enough to play test cricket, it's because of his work after Lords 2010 and before Lords 2012. In other words, the period from the Ashes to the India series in 2011. Bresnan played no tests at Lords in that period. No one would actually pick Bresnan for an England test match based on how he bowled in 2012, so to say his poor performance at the ground last year was just because it was Lords is definitely a bit silly IMO. He had a poor record everywhere last year bar Trent Bridge, so are we only going to pick him for Trent Bridge tests from now on?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone think our bowlers are only bowling at 80%? Looks it in the runups - Boult anyway. Southee bowling reasonably.

Edit: Though part of that may just be that I was watching in widescreen, which makes everything look slower.
I think they are giving it 100%

My hope is that Wagner comes on next from Southee's end.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I want the best player in the side, don't let that get in the way of random stat picking though.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Southee looking pretty good so far, though strangely is still lacking that extra yard of pace that he showed in the sub-continent. Lovely consistency though.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Brilliant over from Southee and brilliant coverage of it as well. Just needed the offcutter to be straighter.