• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What the hell is wrong with you today?

He has played 6 ODI innings, his list A record is fantastic, the guy deserves a proper run in the side.
In his ODI and 20/20 matches he looks jittery compared to the relaxed up and at em lad for Somerset. Maybe it is the water down there as Compo looks nervy for England too.

flibbertyjibber

Botham wants Prior and Bairstow picked :laugh:
Well Botham and Willis were calling for Buttler for test cricket not long ago. Wish he'd make his mind up.

I'm happy to let Prior stay as a test player only. If Buttler gets a run so be it but he needs to improve both with bat and gloves.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He also wants to pick a team in which 10 overs minimum must be bowled by a combination of Root and Trott.
Yeah, that's not anywhere near as bad an idea in comparison though. Especially when you consider where we're getting most of overs from at the moment (Woakes/Jade)

King Pietersen

International Captain
Course i've seen him you ******. In his internationals so far he has looked all at sea compared to the lad who plays for Somerset. Not good enough i'm afraid. Not like there aren't alternatives.

Calm down, son!

Buttler might not have done brilliantly so far, but he deserves a proper run in the side. Once he gets going, he's so explosive. Caught the highlights of the CB40 2011 final the other night, and that was one hell of an innings. Could consider Prior, but given the amount of times he's failed in ODi's, and the fact he's only played 4 List A's in the last 2 years just makes me think we might as well stick with Buttler for a while.

Hope the selectors tell Sir Ian to STFU. His team sounded awful. Should really go with:

Cook
Trott
Pietersen
Morgan
Root
Buttler
Trego
Broad
Swann
Anderson
Finn

Sorted.

thierry henry

International Coach
See - you just cbf enjoying wins. You're looking for any excuse to be angry at something :p
A fantastic batsman has become a figure of contempt and ridicule for no coherent reason. That is a reason to be angry :mad:

I'm just fighting for truth and justice like always bro

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would actually support Trego for England especially ahead of Dernbach.
Bopara to play and bat 11 IMO. Batting 11 completely on principle and to let everyone know he's only playing because he's a better bowler than Jade, and not because someone's been fooled into thinking he can bat. Again.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
**** YOU GUYS!

Spent ages arguing about Trott and had no idea Federer just lost the 2nd and 3rd set to Simon at the French Open.

Cya ****ers, gonna go watch that.

Mike5181

International Captain
Crazy that Mitch M is basically the outstanding bowler of the game but has really bowled 78mph crap all over the show
We know he's capable of bowling with some decent heat. Hit mid-140s in the home series against England, touched 140 occasionally in South Africa. Just needs to get through some work.

flibbertyjibber

Bopara to play and bat 11 IMO. Batting 11 completely on principle and to let everyone know he's only playing because he's a better bowler than Jade, and not because someone's been fooled into thinking he can bat. Again.
Only fools who think he can bat are the Essex lot in charge of England.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All this talk of changes is ridiculous. I mean we know what England's side will look like when the Champions Trophy starts, Broad and Finn in for Dernbach and Woakes makes a huge difference.

thierry henry

International Coach
We know he's capable of bowling with some decent heat. Hit mid-140s in the home series against England, touched 140 occasionally in South Africa. Just needs to get through some work.
In terms of pace he seems to be more likely to bowl 125kph than 140kph most of the time. Rhythm is all over the place and his faster stuff is really just the same speed as the faster stuff of Boult/Bracewell/Southee.

However he seems to be effective so far...I'm just not really sure why, in the absence of pace, and hence I'm not really confident that it will continue.