• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You're chasing 360 not 280. You just were not going to win with Trott batting line this. You happen to be getting absolutely belted because the others Cook and Bell have also batted like ****. But I am talking about winning, not "not losing badly".

If you want to rely on 2 batsmen scoring above 100 strike rate when chasing a score of 360 then you're in strife. Lucky the next World Cup isn't on the subcontinent!
Nah, I'm sorry. Not having it.

If Trott gets 110(100) then you're looking at the other blokes to contributed 250(200) which is a perfectly reasonable strategy.

You'd have half a case if Trott had thrown it away in the 60s with a SR of 75 or whatever, but he hasn't. He's done his job.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well played Trott, shame the rest of the batting failed.

Anderson should have gone in earlier. That is a joke by the way but he has played well.

Last edited:

thierry henry

International Coach
Anyway **** you ****s, I should be enjoying this series victory but instead you've got me feeling bad for an opposition player with your **** criticisms

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anyway **** you ****s, I should be enjoying this series victory but instead you've got me feeling bad for an opposition player with your **** criticisms
You brought it up. You never want to celebrate a series victory. This is basically you - even in a time of glory for your team you wanted to get into a debate where you argue about how everyone else is wrong and you're right. See Sobers and Viv :p

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So you have not watched him then? Just to establish this.

Anyway, Jimmy showing them how it is done.
Course i've seen him you ******. In his internationals so far he has looked all at sea compared to the lad who plays for Somerset. Not good enough i'm afraid. Not like there aren't alternatives.

thierry henry

International Coach
You brought it up. You never want to celebrate a series victory. This is basically you - even in a time of glory for your team you wanted to get into a debate where you argue about how everyone else is wrong and you're right. See Sobers and Viv :p
Nah **** off ****

Jarquis

flibberty, just chill for ****'s sake.

Anyway, can you go back to putting all out attention onto Viv2.0?

grecian

Anyway, pretty obviously, the team needs more Trego, better opener than Bell, better bowler than Jade. Easy-peasy lemon squeezy.

Mike5181

International Captain
Trott's only got to bat quicker because the other guys aren't doing their job. Our best chance of winning this game was by Trott doing what he's doing, perhaps marginally quicker. If Trott does a (some-what smaller) Guptill and gets a 110(110) or something, then he's done his job.

We weren't going to win this game by every scoring at a SR of 125 from ball one. Somebody needs to play the long game and everyone else plays around him. Once Buttler got out he probably should've just thought **** it and teed off but before that point our best chance of winning was with Trott sticking it out until the end. a 65(50) from him would've just been meh.
Yeah, you acknowledge NZ had a finish that's most likely not going to be repeated so you cut 20-25 runs off the last ten and just play better in the first 40. England are ahead of NZ runs-wise even now. If the others had done their job, they would've been able to achieve that.

Pothas

Course i've seen him you ******. In his internationals so far he has looked all at sea compared to the lad who plays for Somerset. Not good enough i'm afraid. Not like there aren't alternatives.
What the hell is wrong with you today?

He has played 6 ODI innings, his list A record is fantastic, the guy deserves a proper run in the side.