• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

Meridio

International Regular
Will be mightily unimpressed if (when?) the weather ruins this test. I have tickets to Thursday and Sunday, and have been looking forward to it for ages.

Pitch is apparently drier than expected according to the papers. Take the covers off for a few minutes tonight and that will change..

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Will be mightily unimpressed if (when?) the weather ruins this test. I have tickets to Thursday and Sunday, and have been looking forward to it for ages.

Pitch is apparently drier than expected according to the papers. Take the covers off for a few minutes tonight and that will change..
It does drain brilliantly there... I've seen play when I thought there was no way at all it would dry off.

Thursday looking okay atm... better stay that way :@

Meridio

International Regular
It does drain brilliantly there... I've seen play when I thought there was no way at all it would dry off.

Thursday looking okay atm... better stay that way :@
Yeah, I just checked the BBC forecast (for about the fiftieth time today...), and it has changed to being quite decent.

Mind you, they had the forecast as being rubbish for Saturday just gone, yet we got our whole League game in. Am crossing my fingers anyway!

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Weather forecast has changed loads over the last day or two. If I were any of you I'd just hope for the best and see what the weather gives on the day.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Interesting interview with Stuart Broad on the Guardian. Talks about the extent of how bad his heel was in India, and at the start of the New Zealand tour. The fact that he talks about how great it is now, and that it only hurts when he walks on hard surfaces without shoes is a tad concerning though.
As if that wasn't enough of an excuse for being dropped he goes on to moan about being "grievously ill" during the 2nd Test as well. How soft can you get....

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I'm so pumped for this series, I really hope the rain stays away and Southee and Boult bowl like they did in Sri Lanka.

A batting collapse is inevitable but I'm really excited to see the bowlers in favourable conditions.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Looks set to be ****ing cold all game, so that might limit the amount of swing on offer.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
For no reason at all, was just idly thinking about ranking the New Zealand sides that have toured England in the last 30 years...

1986 (1-0) , 1999 (2-1), 1990 (0-1), 1983 (1-3), 2004 (0-3), 1994 (0-1), 2008 (0-2)

Would rate this current side close to (but not quite as good as) the 1983 lot.

Last edited:

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
For no reason at all, was just idly thinking about ranking the New Zealand sides that have toured England in the last 30 years...

1986 (1-0) , 1999 (2-1), 1990 (0-1), 1983 (1-3), 2004 (0-3), 1994 (0-1), 2008 (0-2)

Would rate this current side close to (but not quite as good as) the 1983 lot.
It would be nice to think we are in a similar position to 83 as a team, ie have managed to put together a few promising results and on the verge of our greatest test period.

I know this is a different measure but pre tour expectation was significantly higher in 04.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It would be nice to think we are in a similar position to 83 as a team, ie have managed to put together a few promising results and on the verge of our greatest test period.

I know this is a different measure but pre tour expectation was significantly higher in 04.
That was partly because everyone assumed that Shane Bond was going to be fit for that series (broke down in one of the warmup games iirc). If he had been available in 2004, and if New Zealand had selected James Franklin from the beginning of the series, then the 2004 team would've rated very highly in my list.