• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

Langeveldt

Soutie
I seriously don't get the Trott thing. His strike rates in tests and ODI aren't even that bad.
When people talk about the lack of characters in the game I think they are talking about Trott being the antithesis of joy to watch.. His SR isn't that bad, but because of this, people have less patience with him than they would do with say a Root or a Bell.. Plus not being English probably doesn't help his cause..

thierry henry

International Coach
When people talk about the lack of characters in the game I think they are talking about Trott being the antithesis of joy to watch.. His SR isn't that bad, but because of this, people have less patience with him than they would do with say a Root or a Bell.. Plus not being English probably doesn't help his cause..
I don't get how "patience" even comes into it. How do you lose patience with someone who is succeeding?

I don't see how Trott is bad to watch anyway, he has a pretty tidy, easy on the eye technique imo

Langeveldt

Soutie
I don't get how "patience" even comes into it. How do you lose patience with someone who is succeeding?

I don't see how Trott is bad to watch anyway, he has a pretty tidy, easy on the eye technique imo
Patience in the short term, i.e. strike rate of 20 when you need 8 an over to win a match.. The slow handclaps and the calls from the stands arrive ever sooner..

Langeveldt

Soutie
No

What's wrong with the way Trott plays his shots? The ones he does play all look in pretty good order to me
Agree with this.. But I don't like the way he goes about his game.. From the arrogant press conference in the last test to the time wasting between deliveries.. I guess his attitude is part and parcel of his success though, so whatever works for him

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Seriously don't get what's wrong with that. He is very compact. Looks a player.
His off side game is really pleasant to watch. Unfortunately he rarely bothers with it.

I really don't enjoy watching players work full balls on off stump to mid wicket for 1/2, or shuffling across to length balls and playing them to square leg off their hip for 1/2, and he does a lot of that. He probably scores close to 70% of his runs on the on side and he only plays one on side shot I enjoy; the four through straight midwicket - which is the shot he plays when you actually have bowled straight enough for him to play the shots off every other ball you bowl.

thierry henry

International Coach
His off side game is really pleasant to watch. Unfortunately he rarely bothers with it.

I really don't enjoy watching players work full balls on off stump to mid wicket for 1/2, or shuffling across to length balls and playing them to square leg off their hip for 1/2, and he does a lot of that. He probably scores close to 70% of his runs on the on side and he only plays one on side shot I enjoy; the four through straight midwicket - which is the shot he plays when you actually have bowled straight enough for him to play the shots off every other ball you bowl.
So basically he's a genius risk-taking hand-eye player :cool: