• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

Flem274*

123/5
Suck it Bell.

Hey Hamish Rutherford is currently 103* (83) in the 40 over stuff, and in doing so brings his one day average over 20.

thierry henry

International Coach
I fully understand why, but it's still kinda funny how it's assumed that England have to maintain a RR of around 7 and be on the attack all the time here.

NZ only scored 36 off the first 10 and hardly hit any boundaries in the first 35 overs.

Spark

Global Moderator
I fully understand why, but it's still kinda funny how it's assumed that England have to maintain a RR of around 7 and be on the attack all the time here.

NZ only scored 36 off the first 10 and hardly hit any boundaries in the first 35 overs.
You don't count on scoring 100 off the last ten, though, let alone 132. And yes, they didn't score that many boundaries but there was heaps of singles/twos which England aren't collecting.

thierry henry

International Coach
You don't count on scoring 100 off the last ten, though, let alone 132. And yes, they didn't score that many boundaries but there was heaps of singles/twos which England aren't collecting.
And yet people are saying NZ's innings was perfectly constructed. Why aren't they saying "well, they were actually a bit slow but they pulled it back with an amazing finish".

I agree 132 is extreme, but if you're making 360 off 50 overs I think 100-110 is pretty reasonable off the last 10.

thierry henry

International Coach
I'd prefer my side to stay with the rate too, I just think it's interesting how perceptions of what's possible/reasonable change when chasing

Spark

Global Moderator
And yet people are saying NZ's innings was perfectly constructed. Why aren't they saying "well, they were actually a bit slow but they pulled it back with an amazing finish".

I agree 132 is extreme, but if you're making 360 off 50 overs I think 100-110 is pretty reasonable off the last 10.
It was (losing Ronchi early on didn't help either).

Doesn't mean they didn't score 30 runs more than they really should have under even bad circumstances, and good bowling could've restricted them to 300 (which is still massive). Sure, you have to time it so you're chasing 110-odd in the last ten to chase down 360. That's why people don't chase down 360.

Days of Grace

International Captain

Wickets in hand, 90 runs is par. So, England would need to be 270 after 40 overs.

You just don't score 130 runs in the final ten that often.