• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

Days of Grace

International Captain
Nah, I'm going in with four quicks and Williamson (who outbowled Bartin in this just completed match, again.).

Best chance to get 20 wickets, IMO.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Anyone think it was an error to rest Southee and Boult against Derby? Southee, in particular, is only going to have about a dozen overs under his belt if he's fit.

Durg will presumably miss out on the lords test. Tough, as he didn't bowl badly by all accounts, but he really had to do something spectacular to push Wagner/Bartin out of the side.
Surely Bracewell should play instead of Bartin, unless the wicket is as dry as Mars (about as likely this time of year as playing on Mars). Bracewell can bowl outswing when it's swinging which it does tend to do at HQ when there's anything in the air although the wicket is invariably flat of course. Usually bugger all in it for spinners.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Martin didn't even keep it tight. Just pick the four seamers and get Williamson to throw down some spin if needed.

Yeah, I went there.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Martin didn't even keep it tight. Just pick the four seamers and get Williamson to throw down some spin if needed.

Yeah, I went there.
No need to apologise for using the correct terminology :happy:

I'm always tempted by 4 seamers for NZ. Though we have been guilty in the past of not giving our spinner a reasonable run in the side to give them a chance to settle. Bartin would probably benefit from that.

But four seamers is still my preference.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I remember when I bet my avvy that England would win in NZ without losing a Test and had no takers. I'm very generously keeping the offer going for this series.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Interesting interview with Stuart Broad on the Guardian. Talks about the extent of how bad his heel was in India, and at the start of the New Zealand tour. The fact that he talks about how great it is now, and that it only hurts when he walks on hard surfaces without shoes is a tad concerning though.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting interview with Stuart Broad on the Guardian. Talks about the extent of how bad his heel was in India, and at the start of the New Zealand tour. The fact that he talks about how great it is now, and that it only hurts when he walks on hard surfaces without shoes is a tad concerning though.

Yeah, we've had Broad, Bresnan and Swann saying how they are back to their best now, I'll believe it when they say it.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
*blinks* Cricket's back soon :)

I'm off to Lords on Thurs... can't wait. Fingers crossed for dry weather!

Do you reckon we might take a risk and bowl first if we win the toss? I'm really hoping I see us bowl.