• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to see that Bresnan looks better than before the op. If Finn is injured long term then we have options for the ashes that won't be a hinderance to the side with Bresnan back to speed and Tremlett finally showing signs of form.

thierry henry

International Coach
Feel bad for Ronchi. Has been killing it down the order in FC cricket and less impressive in LO stuff. He was the obvious pick to replace Watling for the second test (I know he wasn't in the squad) but no, we pick him to open in ODIs instead.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is such an important game for Woakes. Really needs to bounce back.
As a Bear friend of mine said the other day, he wasn't surprised it happened as Woakes hasn't looked right all season when he has seen him. Says his season could be ruined by missing games for Warwickshire and being carted in internationals when out of form.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Even if you take it out, he would still be one of our best batsmen, ffs.

But, no, he is a useless **** and get him out of the team!
And Guptill's average massively benefits from last night which just makes it into the last 3 years. But we all like him, so that's alright.
Eh, I was genuinely surprised Guptill (amongst others) had such a low average in last 3 years - not because I loves him but because I remember him scoring runs. And Franklin has very much failed to push on after that excellent Indian ODI series in 2010 - I definitely don't see him as 'one of our best' ODI batsmen. He's ok - he makes it into my ODI side (quite easily given the alternatives), but I'm only positively happy about it if, as Hendrix mentioned, we're facing spin.

I can't remember whether it was just T20s or both ODIs and T20s, but Franklin was compared to NcCullum recently on this forum and Franklin had noticeably better numbers. Both are adequate players to round out the team but they're not players that regularly decide the results of matches. Elliott is in a similar boat, though perhaps a little more likely to influence a result with the bat.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Ronchi didn't look compelling in the HRV cup - not score wise or how many sixes he hit or didn't hit. Just his skill at the crease.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Where's the post where someone said lets pick Ronchi for all three formats at the 15 over mark of the game two day ago.

TH is right Ronchi has to be gutted right now. The boy can handle the gloves something fierce mind you.

Mike5181

International Captain
Where's the post where someone said lets pick Ronchi for all three formats at the 15 over mark of the game two day ago.

TH is right Ronchi has to be gutted right now. The boy can handle the gloves something fierce mind you.
There's nothing wrong with Ronchi playing ODIs.