• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

Flem274*

123/5
Was it Brownlie who batted well at the Gabba over here last time NZ toured?
yep. gave us some respectability.

his only test hundred was scored in SA as well. again, along with watling, giving the batting some respectability the rest didn't really deserve.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Broad bowling well too, doing his metronome thing. Good foil.

Where are the Yorkshire ****s then anyway? Please tell me Howe has got his arse down there.

Ruckus

International Captain
OT, but as I've said several times now there isn't that much difference between each of our quicks to make a significant difference to the quality of the attack if one or two get injured.
I think Siddle and Starc are a wrung down from Pattinson and Harris (it's too early yet, but it's looking like from Bird too). A three man pace attack of Pattinson, Harris and Bird looks far better to me than e.g. Siddle, Starc and Bird.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cheers. Seem to remember him cutting and hooking really well in that dig.

Edit: Brownlie, not Howe.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Cheers. Seem to remember him cutting and hooking really well in that dig.

Edit: Brownlie, not Howe.
Yeah; he's a West Australian with a Kiwi parent who moved over there when he couldn't crack the WA Shield side. Obviously he's improved a lot since then but you can almost tell he's from WA when he plays off the back foot.

He's been in and out of the New Zealand side a bit since that tour because of how dreadfully he was playing the spinners but he's world class against the short stuff.

Burgey

Yeah; he's a West Australian with a Kiwi parent who moved over there when he couldn't crack the WA Shield side. Obviously he's improved a lot since then but you can almost tell he's from WA when he plays off the back foot.

He's been in and out of the New Zealand side a bit since that tour because of how dreadfully he was playing the spinners but he's world class against the short stuff.
Playing poorly against spin shouldn't count as long as you are man enough to play short pitched fast bowling.

#70schild

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Broad bowling well too, doing his metronome thing. Good foil.

Where are the Yorkshire ****s then anyway? Please tell me Howe has got his arse down there.
Went yesterday £40 a ticket .

Issue with the timing ogf this test is that its exam period so even with LEeds having lots of students the schedules don't necessarily allow them to go.

Burgey

Went yesterday £40 a ticket .

Issue with the timing ogf this test is that its exam period so even with LEeds having lots of students the schedules don't necessarily allow them to go.
Whereabouts do you get to sit for 40 quid? Decent seat?