Page 12 of 293 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 4384
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: ***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

  1. #166
    State 12th Man Jezroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Not sure why you've not been more on board with McCullum and Hesson in that case. If anyone's finally trying to do a Thatcher to 'the wets' of NZ cricket, isolating and marginalising anyone befuddled and weighed down by the more decorous, less instinctive and competitive past, it's Hesscum.
    If we'd won all three home series against England, I suspect I would have.

    And I suspect the general public would have also.
    Last edited by Jezroy; 02-05-2013 at 03:31 AM.

  2. #167
    International Regular Kippax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Central Districts
    Posts
    3,103
    Can't fault, can't fault all the boys' efforts, gave it a red hot crack etc. Got Fulton, Rutherford and Wagner feeling their oats and setting up a small business extorting credulous Percy from Blackadder types, something the CW wets would've never greenlit.

    Hesson's on the ball yet again, saying the new season Dukes are "slightly different" to the ones they've been training with.
    http://content.radionetwork.co.nz/we...port/71630.mp3

    Safe to say the cantankerous era would've never been delving into something this mundane and perfunctory, yet integral to results. Nice work Hess.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

  3. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezroy View Post
    I would rather our team was a bunch of ****s and awesome at cricket.
    So Australia then. Except for the awesome at cricket bit.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:


    MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

  4. #169
    School Boy/Girl Captain ch00baka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I see you in the thread Choobaka - give us an update on Lance Dry - will he play again this season?
    He's only 37, he should have a few more Pearce Cup victories left in him..
    Scott Styris > You.


  5. #170
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The great state of New South Wales
    Posts
    43,342
    Quote Originally Posted by ch00baka View Post
    He's only 37, he should have a few more Pearce Cup victories left in him..
    He seems a Hesson/McCullum-like character; wouldn't be surprised if he got the call up for this tour should Martin go down.
    ~ Cribbage

    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

  6. #171
    Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stopping the AFL spreading to NZ
    Posts
    9,678
    maybe James can get him to write articles
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

  7. #172
    School Boy/Girl Captain ch00baka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    maybe James can get him to write articles
    I hope that's not in jest, sounds like a brilliant idea to me.

  8. #173
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The great state of New South Wales
    Posts
    43,342
    Quote Originally Posted by ch00baka View Post
    I hope that's not in jest, sounds like a brilliant idea to me.
    You'd have to admit you were him though.

  9. #174
    Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stopping the AFL spreading to NZ
    Posts
    9,678
    The articles of a long serving famous first grade player would be awesome.
    Edit - as a wellingtonian I would be very interested in his stories.
    Last edited by Hurricane; 02-05-2013 at 09:36 PM.

  10. #175
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Can't fault, can't fault all the boys' efforts, gave it a red hot crack etc. Got Fulton, Rutherford and Wagner feeling their oats and setting up a small business extorting credulous Percy from Blackadder types, something the CW wets would've never greenlit.

    Hesson's on the ball yet again, saying the new season Dukes are "slightly different" to the ones they've been training with.
    http://content.radionetwork.co.nz/we...port/71630.mp3

    Safe to say the cantankerous era would've never been delving into something this mundane and perfunctory, yet integral to results. Nice work Hess.
    That's why Hesson annoys me. A lot of what he says and does backs up what we heard that he's meticulous with his attention to detail and isn't a cliche kiwi coach, but he's just as "jobs for the boys" as half the other blokes in NZ sporting organisations.

    He could be such a good coach if he wasn't a lying ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  11. #176
    Cricketer Of The Year Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Posts
    7,666
    So McCullum will be arriving in England today. Unreasonable to suggest that he should play in tomorrow's warmup game? A 13 hour flight isn't easy to shake-off, but it'd be really good for him to get back into the middle asap, after his pointless sojourn in India. And if that means that Guptill has to miss out on an undeserved chance to make a push for the test team, well then that's just a happy consequence of McCullum's return.
    Last edited by Bahnz; 02-05-2013 at 09:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

  12. #177
    Hall of Fame Member _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Auckland, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    pointless sojourn in India.
    That's exactly it. Good to see common sense prevail and the two of them head to England instead of sitting on the bench doing nothing in India.

  13. #178
    State 12th Man Jezroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    That's exactly it. Good to see common sense prevail and the two of them head to England instead of sitting on the bench doing nothing in India.
    If only they'd left a couple of days earlier.

  14. #179
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    EPOO
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    That's exactly it. Good to see common sense prevail and the two of them head to England instead of sitting on the bench doing nothing in India.
    But common sense has not prevailed they are still unavailable for the first warm up match. This descision should have been made 5 days ago. Especially for ross he needs as much warm up as possible to rediscover his 2012 form. He was very scratchy against england, century included.

    I would also like to add that Vettori should have also left and should be playing league cricket in England, assuming that he wants to be effective at the champions trophy and regain his test spot, he has not bowled well (in any form of cricket) since he gave up the captaincy.

  15. #180
    Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stopping the AFL spreading to NZ
    Posts
    9,678
    Quote Originally Posted by RxGM View Post
    But common sense has not prevailed they are still unavailable for the first warm up match. This descision should have been made 5 days ago. Especially for ross he needs as much warm up as possible to rediscover his 2012 form. He was very scratchy against england, century included.

    I would also like to add that Vettori should have also left and should be playing league cricket in England, assuming that he wants to be effective at the champions trophy and regain his test spot, he has not bowled well (in any form of cricket) since he gave up the captaincy.
    Welcome to CW. Seen a couple of posts from you. What city are you from?



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *Official* NRL 2013 Season thread
    By Ausage in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 1018
    Last Post: 07-10-2013, 04:25 PM
  2. Ashes Cricket 2013 Announced
    By James in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-03-2013, 05:53 PM
  3. IPL 2013 - Auction Game
    By kingkallis in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19-03-2013, 09:18 AM
  4. The 2013 Ashes - which players will keep their place?
    By Howe_zat in forum Ashes 2013/2014
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •