• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
So, can they play 30 minutes later and have more overs scheduled?
I've seen them play as late as 7:30pm before in England. They always catch up in the evening in England. As Fred said, there's always dew in the morning, and sun set isn't till 9:18 in Leeds this time of year.

this is more or less the dream NZ bowling lineup tbh. Kinda nervous, never actually though it would happen
Not the dream conditions though.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Not the dream conditions though.
Conditions are so, so, overrated. It's just something analysts use to give the illusion of knowing something. It's often down to how much the players let the conditions get to their heads. Not saying they're never influential, but how much water is in the atmosphere a few kilometers upwards doesn't mean nearly as much as everyone says. They'll be fine.

Having a bit of shine will probably be good tbh so we don't freeze in the field.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seen it plenty of times now but still have no idea what that thing they have built at Headingley is.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Conditions are so, so, overrated. It's just something analysts use to give the illusion of knowing something. It's often down to how much the players let the conditions get to their heads. Not saying they're never influential, but how much water is in the atmosphere a few kilometers upwards doesn't mean nearly as much as everyone says. They'll be fine.

Having a bit of shine will probably be good tbh so we don't freeze in the field.
By conditions I also meant the pitch, but I see your point.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
cant work out whether i think compton or trott seems like a more boring bloke.

Compo is good looking though, this must be the most studly opening partnership ever, if I was female, I'd be swooning just about now.

Oh dear that's poor.